Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some spring updates.

Go down 
+2
exmichresident
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Some spring updates. Empty
PostSubject: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:31 am

http://mgoblog.com/
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:52 am

Who is this...Joey Burzynski guy. Hoke mentions him a couple of times. I'll look him up but, I don't even remember recruiting him.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:03 pm

He MAY be someone but all coaches talk up the lowliest walk-ons the first few days/weeks.

Gotta give them as much confidence as possible plus light a fire under the lazy-asses that want to rest on their laurels.

Let us know

joe

PostSubject: I don't find much except   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:11 pm

exmichresident wrote:
Who is this...Joey Burzynski guy. Hoke mentions him a couple of times. I'll look him up but, I don't even remember recruiting him.
He's a walk-on/former walk-on that began last year as #2 on the guard depth chart behind Barnum last year.

He was also good enough to be on the travel rosters last year as a red-shirt Freshman.

Here you go.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/burzynski_joey00.html#

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Terry and Terrence Talbot. I know UM landed both, but now only Terrence is on the roster. I thought Terry would provide depth on the D-line. What ever happened to him?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:23 pm

It doesn't sound like Hoke is really high on Mealer. I hope he gets to start the season as the starter considering all he has been through, but really I don't think he will hold the position long.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: What am I missing Fish?   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:29 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
It doesn't sound like Hoke is really high on Mealer. I hope he gets to start the season as the starter considering all he has been through, but really I don't think he will hold the position long.

What do you like specifically about Elliott Mealer at the left guard spot?

“Right now I like his work ethic and his demeanor. I think he’s got a bit more confidence than he had last year at this time.”

"Elliott’s doing a good job at the guard position"

Has anything stood out at the left guard spot yet?

“No I think Elliot’s done a pretty good job with it at this point"

Where are you reading that Hoke's not high on him? I see nothing but praise. The way I was reading it was he was entrenched as the starter and there wasn't much competition behind him??????

Did you read something else?

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:38 pm

There's praise and there's saying positive things to the media.

"Really good" "work ethic/demeanor" is pretty much saying "He's working hard, but he ain't great". That's how I read it.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Joe, I really deplore saying this, but I have to lean a little toward Fish's side on this one. And indeed, I find it deplorable because NO human being "has it coming to him" ('IT' in this case being good things and good fortune) like E.M.

But BH's comments on EM just came across to these untrained eyes/ears as "canned company lines". I just don't sense the CONVICTION in his (coach's) words...dig?

That said, I should bear in mind that Brady's far too astute to "let on" during spring training. Hell, most of the practices are CLOSED for a reason.

So draw your own conclusions...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:58 pm

The 'kid works hard/is a gymrat' is the classic line used for the white kid who just doesn't have the talent.

Mainly in regards to basketball, but football too.

I'd have to say I'm leaning towards Fish's view, as well.

We still love ya, Joe!

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:12 pm

However, I will admit that I just read what Hoke said, I didn't here what he said. Inflection and tone makes a big difference.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Screw ya all!!!! I QUIT!!! lol

Ok, I can see your guys' points of view.

I prefer to read "He's so damn good there isn't one word I can say that describes him...."

C'mon dammit!!! lol

mjagger1

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:26 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
He MAY be someone but all coaches talk up the lowliest walk-ons the first few days/weeks.

Gotta give them as much confidence as possible plus light a fire under the lazy-asses that want to rest on their laurels.

Let us know

No Offense Joe, but Really?? "lowliest walk-ons"

I know you didn't mean it to sound the way I heard it, but that doesn't sound like "The TEAM, THE TEAM, THE TEAM" type of talk to me.

Go Blue

Back to top Go down
mjagger1

mjagger1

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Wow....sorry Joe, didn't mean to pile on there. I guess I should have read the entire thread before I start spouting off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some spring updates.   Some spring updates. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some spring updates.
Page 1 of 1