Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two "no shows" for Spring Practice

Go down 
+3
Admin
Wolverdog
1umgoblue85
7 posters
AuthorMessage
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

Two "no shows" for Spring Practice Empty
PostSubject: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 am

Tamani Carter and Josh Furman have been absent. I am not sure if they are in school or not. Even with that news, it doesn't sound like a big deal. The secondary has been outstanding this spring with a lot of very nice surprises. Marvin Robinson, Jarrod Wilson, and Terrance Talbot have been tearing it up. So much so that Talbot has replaced JT Floyd with the ones. Wow!

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 am

I have heard about Furman from another source that is withholding judgment because the circumstances of his absence are unknown, possibly class issues. This is not my opinion, just what I have heard.

I've got nothing on Carter.

I've also heard that Raymon Taylor is playing well.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:39 am

Wtf, Furman.

We could possibly need him this season.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 am

1umgoblue85 wrote:
, and Terrance Talbot have been tearing it up. So much so that Talbot has replaced JT Floyd with the ones. Wow!

This eternally-skeptical mind always has a problem with statements like that, 85. Could mean Mr. Talbot is
holy-hell-raising, OR could mean Mr. Floyd has dramatically regressed. I always like to believe the FORMER is
the case, giving-as I generally try to-people the benefit of the doubt, but...
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:38 am

Call me concerned. After years of transfers and uncertainty I would like to get down to a "regular" season where all the players show up and play. No one transfers and accepts their role on the team. Clearly I am asking too much.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:41 am

Well I just asked Furman if he's practicing....we'll see what he says.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:45 am

LOL...Twitter strikes again!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:49 am

Haha, yes it does.

That's what I love about that site. Hey, I may never get a reply. But in the past, pre-Twitter, I wouldn't have even had a chance to ask and get a response.

So I always throw out comments or questions to celebs or superstars. If they don't respond, no biggie. If they do, it's really cool.

Still the best to me was Desmond tweeting about The Godfather with me.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:00 am

I am the same way. Desmond is great with Twitter. I chatted with him as well. I hate the celebs that do not interact with followers. A lot of the sportscasters are great though.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:03 am

WillieMfan wrote:
Call me concerned. After years of transfers and uncertainty I would like to get down to a "regular" season where all the players show up and play. No one transfers and accepts their role on the team. Clearly I am asking too much.

You may never see that again. It is the age of entitlement. Everyone thinks they are entitled to something, and when they don't get it handed to them they decide to move to a place where it is easier to get.

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Yea I think you are right. I started to see that as I typed my response. Sad.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Speaking of the Spring game, has it been announced if the Big Ten Network will televise it like last year?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:21 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Speaking of the Spring game, has it been announced if the Big Ten Network will televise it like last year?

I just checked the BTN site and it's schedule only goes out to April 11.
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Willie.....   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:57 pm

I agree with you. It's time for the transfer/departure game to stop. Not just at UM. It's a trend that I hate in college football. The only other thing that drives me more crazy is the 5th year of eleigibility/transfer because he has one year left (i.e. O'Brien to Wisky).

PostSubject: Re: Two "no shows" for Spring Practice   Two "no shows" for Spring Practice Empty

Back to top Go down

Two "no shows" for Spring Practice
Page 1 of 1