Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am?? Empty
PostSubject: OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am??   OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am?? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:30 am

I started watching the online coverage at Amen Corner yesterday at 9:45am, finally stopped watching when all the golfers were off the course at 6:20pm.

I've only been down there once. It was '95 or '96 for a Wednesday practice round, went down with my father. Tiger was still an amateur.

It was Tiger, Jack and Arnie in a group together..........!! It was awesome.

So we walked the course following that group. Then we followed Cory Pavin for a little while. Then we just started walking the course checking out different groups. We also went over to the Par 3 contest, where I was high-fived by Jack as he walked back to the clubhouse from the 9th green.

By the end of the day, my dad and I had literally walked almost every corner of Augusta National about FIVE times.

I was dead tired, but it was well worth it. I'm glad that at that age (9 or 10), I was mature enough to understand the moment I was in. Will never forget that. One of my all-time favorite memories with my father.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am??   OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am?? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:34 am

I was there in 1997 for a practice round. Tiger's first win there.

We saw many of the same as you but back then Tiger was so huge the rest were afterthoughts. (If you could ever say that about Jack or Arnie)

So we were sitting by the 7th green and a guy came by and said "Tiger is teeing off at 5 right now." There were about 50 people sitting around the green and we were already in a great spot. 30 minutes later there were 5000 people standing around that green.

It WAS one of the best days.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am??   OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am?? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:42 am

Sure as shit NOT I, Joe---but I can name you one person who probably is.
My aunt. She was for twenty years a claims rep. for Soc.Sec. on the road, then twelve more a manager (point: not a lot of free time, though a lifelong bachelorette). But she still found time to golf four nights a week, and that went up to five once she retired (at 61)!! And, to (IMO) her credit, kept it up till health issues well into her Seventies curtailed her playing days.

She just loves the game and, as I've said before, there's nothing wrong with that---for anyone. To each his/her own...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am??   OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am?? EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:05 am

michmike wrote:
Sure as shit NOT I, Joe---but I can name you one person who probably is.
My aunt. She was for twenty years a claims rep. for Soc.Sec. on the road, then twelve more a manager (point: not a lot of free time, though a lifelong bachelorette). But she still found time to golf four nights a week, and that went up to five once she retired (at 61)!! And, to (IMO) her credit, kept it up till health issues well into her Seventies curtailed her playing days.

She just loves the game and, as I've said before, there's nothing wrong with that---for anyone. To each his/her own...

Ditto mike, but as you said, "To each their own." But I will say, there is something about Augusta...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am??   OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am?? Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Anybody else on here as obsessed about The Masters as I am??
Page 1 of 1