Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safety Josh Furman suspended...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Safety Josh Furman suspended... Empty
PostSubject: Safety Josh Furman suspended...   Safety Josh Furman suspended... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 12:25 pm

There was a lot of rumors circling thought spring that Furman wasn't practicing with the team.

Sam Webb just tweeted that he has confirmed Furman is currently suspended. No other details whatsoever.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Safety Josh Furman suspended...   Safety Josh Furman suspended... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:45 pm

I wasn't sure where he stood on the depth chart, though I am aware the secondary is pretty loaded and no doubt the strength of our D next season. But this is certainly not good news. Never is.

Whether he was being heavily relied on, was just making his way up the charts, or was low man seeking to get rolling, it doesn't matter; here's hoping the young man can right whatever wrong he did to merit the suspension.

(And yes, friends, with our current coaching staff I feel very, very secure in saying any punitive measures doled out to anyone are "merited"...if they [BH and Co.] aren't fair, paternalistic men, to their players and others as well, I have no idea who is.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Safety Josh Furman suspended...   Safety Josh Furman suspended... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:38 pm

He was expected to be a solid player this year. People have mentioned that he has the abilities to compete for a starting spot.

More info just came out, though. He's going to trial for 3 charges: domestic assault, breaking/entering illegally and something else. Story up on freep, I believe.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Safety Josh Furman suspended...   Safety Josh Furman suspended... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks for the update...depressing as it is. If convicted on any of those charges, particularly the first, I seriously doubt he wears a winged helmet again.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Safety Josh Furman suspended...   Safety Josh Furman suspended... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 4:08 pm

His lawyer is pretty adamant that he didn't do it, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Safety Josh Furman suspended...   Safety Josh Furman suspended... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:40 pm

The attorney is right in saying prosecutors do NOT dismiss these types of cases once filed. Police reports are sometimes not entirely accurate. Witnesses, often victims, who later want to add some context to the initial report are frequently expected to do so under oath, at a trial.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safety Josh Furman suspended...   Safety Josh Furman suspended... Empty

Back to top Go down

Safety Josh Furman suspended...
Page 1 of 1