Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey 85..

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
1umgoblue85
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:37 am

Have you heard any word regarding Levenberry tomorrow?

1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: It looks like FSU   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:53 am

Good morning all. I have been out for a while and heading back out to Napa Valley this week for some fine wines. After that, we are going over to the Farallon Islands to cage dive with the Great White Shark. I am getting a little nervous about that one as it gets closer. The wife is really wanting to back out, but I am not letting her. It's a bucket list thing. Then it is off to the Kentucky Derby and returning home around May 8.

As for Levenberry, it looks like we have lost him to FSU. However, the coaching staff has continued to push hard. I think it is 60/40 in favor of the Noles right now. Finally, I talked with the UM Athletic Office last week. UM has been working with the networks for game times and UM has pushed for 12:00 noon starts on all but 2 home games. I personally hate it! I like 3:30 games. So, it looks like Air Force and MSU wil be the only 3:30 games right now. All subject to change depending on win loss records though. TV money rules the day in college sports.

fishgoblue22

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:05 am

I don't like noon games because then I'm drunk by 3:30.
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: LOL   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:14 am

I take it you are watching at home and consuming a few?

joe

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 am

I used to like the noon games but it just doesn't give you enough time to tailgate.

And we get there at 8.

But it is nice going to a game and still being home by 6 on a sayerday. Then I catch the end of the 3:30 game and the late games on TV.

joe

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 am

BTW, this blows about Levenberry. Everyone said he was BLUE.

Just reconfirms my uneasyness about Isaac and Treadwell being "Blue".

1umgoblue85

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Levenberry would be an Elite LB   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:21 am

I wish we didn't turn down the other kid that went with Clemson. I think we get Treadwell and Isaac. Just a gut feeling. We have shown them a lot of love!

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Treadwell is the most important recruit to get that is left in the 2013 class (IMO)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:25 pm

1umgoblue85 wrote:
I wish we didn't turn down the other kid that went with Clemson. I think we get Treadwell and Isaac. Just a gut feeling. We have shown them a lot of love!

Agreed. As quick as Dorian O'Daniel committed to Clemson, we could have had him wrapped up probably a couple of months ago.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Noon games are, unfortunately, the best for the University AND A2. Think about it, fans can't really get too drunk before the games and they can follow the games better. Many fans also like to hang around either A2 or campus after the game and not fight traffic, that's better for the economy. People would not be quite so apt to stay after the game if it concluded at 6:30 versus 3:30.

You also get way too many belligerent fans on 3:30 starts. Kind of scary having a 3:30 kick-off to the sparty game. There will undoubtedly be a lot of drunk cow-tippers in Ann Arbor that day.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Horrible reason. People need to be responsible for themselves and if they can't be that is why there are jails. I drink. A lot. But I can handle it and manage to stay out of trouble. Others can too. Time to take the kid gloves off and let people be adults or face the consequences.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Here is the rationale, why have a lot of intoxicated people driving and make it more dangerous for the "responsible" people? Don't get me wrong, I've been known to kill a case or two in my day as well and the 3-hours during the game is the perfect amount of time to sober-up. I'm bigger though, just a couple of years ago at the UCONN game I brought a buddy of mine who had never been to a Michigan game before. He was a cool guy but only weighed maybe 175 lbs. dripping wet. That was a 3:30 kick-off (as all home openers are) and my being a traditionalist I insisted on getting in line at the golf course at 7:45 a.m. and cracking the first beer of the day on Stadium (unfortunately that tradition has now come to an end, thanks AAPD). Anyway, he "tried" to hang with me and was doing OK until about 1:30. Then he slowed down and ate some food, we both thought that he should be OK. Well, the fact that the lady behind us blew-chunks shortly after kick-off and that didn't make it very good for him. He sat there queasy for the first half but then at half-time he said he had to go back to the car and rest as he felt like shit. I watched the rest of the game and by the time I got back to my car on the golf course there were MULTIPLE puddles of vomit by the passenger side door and he was passed out in my truck. I felt fine and had more, much more to drink than him, but I had to pull over 3 times on the side of 23 for him to exhale some of the liquid he had consumed that morning.

Good thing I drove. See Willie, not everyone can be real men like us and handle our beer.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:55 pm

I know they can't but I do not think Michigan needs to play liqueur police. I have seen people throwing up at noon games as well. Perhaps the games should be moved to 8am. It's ridiculous. Furthermore I think the noon time slot is the worst for TV exposure. Prime time is the best followed by 3:30. Noon is a horrible slot.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:28 am

OK, the old blue-hairs like TRADITION.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:02 am

If they were 8 am games people would start with a breakfast drink like screwdrivers or bloody marys.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: When I was a young idiot   Hey 85.. EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:36 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
If they were 8 am games people would start with a breakfast drink like screwdrivers or bloody marys.

we used to drink Bloody Marys at 6:30 while we were still in Jackson driving to the game.

I can honestly say I do not miss that at all.

ThatGuy

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:48 pm

So what was the decision?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:53 pm

For EJ??????

FSU.

Sponsored content

Hey 85.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey 85..   Hey 85.. Empty

Back to top Go down