Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FRESHMAN playing time next year

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

FRESHMAN playing time next year Empty
PostSubject: FRESHMAN playing time next year   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:24 pm

gotta think that Pipkens will see a great deal of playing time .... Kalis seems very advanced for his age from all I have read so he may get some snaps ... as well Darboh and one of the TEs will play because of depth concerns ..... with the top LBs we have recruited some may see time as well .... I am sure that the coaches will play only those that are needed
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Wolverdog LOVES Bolden   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:28 pm

So I'll jump on the Dog bandwagon and say Bolden will see some time.

Pipkins will too.

Possibility of that RB from Ann Arbor (I just don't remember his name) could see time if his speed is real.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: FRESHMAN playing time next year   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:30 pm

yeah Bolden seems like he has great instinct for the LB position .... also has a leg up in that he will be at spring camp !!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FRESHMAN playing time next year   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:34 pm

I think PeeWee definitely sees the field a lot, and early. I don't expect Jenkins-Stone to play much, if at all, possibly redshirting.

My big prediction this year for the freshmen is that Joe Bolden makes an impact early in spot time, and winds up snagging the starting gig from Desmond Morgan after a few games ----> that's if I'm only sorta right and he lands the gig in fall camp, opening the season as the starter. Supposedly the kid looked amazing down at the UA/AA game, very fast to the ball and an all out thumper. And I never felt that great about Morgan, personally, to begin with. He's young too, I know. But the kid got very lost in space and juked out of his jock strap on more than one occasion. I remember him better from his bad plays last season than any of his good plays.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Haha didn't see this or Bo's post until after I posted mine.    FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:36 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
gotta think that Pipkens will see a great deal of playing time .... Kalis seems very advanced for his age from all I have read so he may get some snaps ... as well Darboh and one of the TEs will play because of depth concerns ..... with the top LBs we have recruited some may see time as well .... I am sure that the coaches will play only those that are needed

Great minds think alike. study
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: FRESHMAN playing time next year   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:36 pm

agree totally with Morgan ..... did the best he could but was lost at times .... never understood why Cam Gordon didn't get playing time when healthy .... he was a very good LB in 2010 .... would have loved to see him on the field together with Ryan
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: This is a great topic for discussion   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Everyone is on the Pipkins bandwagon and for a reason. The guy will get significant playing time and from all that I've seen it's clearly because the guy can ball. I think we can all agree with that.

I see Bolden getting some time also. He certainly looks the part.

I saw that Joe mentioned Drake Johnson the RB from AA. I don't see him getting on the field. I think the staff will work it out with Fitz, Rawls, Hayes, Smith and Cox. No need to waste Johnson's redshirt.

I think it's a given that Kalis, and the new LBs will get a few plays. Just not sure how much.

Unfortunately I think T-Rich will get some time too. I am on record as saying I DO NOT LIKE this kid. I hope to god he proves me wrong but I'm just tired seeing smurf CBs on the field. I've heard it time and again and I get it, "he plays bigger than he is." (yawn).

I also think whichever TE shows the best hands and athleticism will see playing time. My guess right now is Funchess but if we get Grant then I'd bet he gets the playing time.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Ok guys, I'm   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 pm

a little lost.

I thought Demens was out Inside linebacker.

Where did Morgan play? Wasn't he outside? (I honestly amd not certain what SAM or MIKE are.) (Is SAM strong side and Mike wek side?)

If Morgan was outside then how would Bolden replace him? I thought Bolden was an MLB????

Or did we play some 3-4 last year awith both Morgan and Demens in there?

I know they played at the same time........
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: FRESHMAN playing time next year   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:45 pm

wonder about Jarrod Wilson as well .... Kovacs is gone next year and TGordon can be inconsistent .... safety has been an area of concern for years ... so I can see Wilson getting some experience for next year .... and there is always a chance he can be this years Countess .... as for CB maybe if we get Reeves he may be a better bet to see playing time before TRich
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: FRESHMAN playing time next year   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:46 pm

I think Bolden is an OLB
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FRESHMAN playing time next year   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:47 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
a little lost.

I thought Demens was out Inside linebacker.

Where did Morgan play? Wasn't he outside? (I honestly amd not certain what SAM or MIKE are.) (Is SAM strong side and Mike wek side?)

If Morgan was outside then how would Bolden replace him? I thought Bolden was an MLB????

Or did we play some 3-4 last year awith both Morgan and Demens in there?

I know they played at the same time........

Sam = Strong Side
Mike = Middle
Will = Weak Side
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Thanks. What   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:49 pm

was wrong with strong, middle and weak?

Damn new age hippies! lol bom
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Good point re Wilson...   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:52 pm

He may be able to sneak in as well.

Sandy...where do you see T Rich getting in at? In Nickle/Dime packages? Or simply reps in either JT's or Countess' spot due to injuries/blowouts/simply supplants one at the spot?

Not that I disagree, just curious.

As for Bolden, the kid seems to be full with raw talent, although I'm pretty sure he went to Colerain...so he's been getting good coaching for years. Either way, I think with our need at LB this season, Matty fits the kid in somehow some way.

I thought Demens played spectacular this year. I was also surprised we didn't see anymore of Brandon Hawthorne after the ND game.

Random thoughts, I know.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: FRESHMAN playing time next year   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:54 pm

what happened to Ramon Taylor .... he saw action early then was not seen much
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: FRESHMAN playing time next year   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Admin wrote:
Sandy...where do you see T Rich getting in at? In Nickle/Dime packages? Or simply reps in either JT's or Countess' spot due to injuries/blowouts/simply supplants one at the spot?

I see him getting reps between JT and Countess. It's public knowledge that he has been very vocal about getting playing time. I don't think Hoke would cave to a freshman just to make him happy at the expense of the team but I do see him getting on the field at some point.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: If the kid is good enough   FRESHMAN playing time next year EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:25 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Admin wrote:

I see him getting reps between JT and Countess. It's public knowledge that he has been very vocal about getting playing time. I don't think Hoke would cave to a freshman just to make him happy at the expense of the team but I do see him getting on the field at some point.

Let him play!

If he's not and is pissed and wants to transer, LET HIM.

THIS IS MICHIGAN!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FRESHMAN playing time next year   FRESHMAN playing time next year Empty

Back to top Go down

FRESHMAN playing time next year
Page 1 of 1