Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

And just how will the 4 teams be chosen??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

And just how will the 4 teams be chosen?? Empty
PostSubject: And just how will the 4 teams be chosen??   And just how will the 4 teams be chosen?? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 am

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7855843/commissioners-discuss-selection-committee-potential-four-team-playoff

Good read.

It's obvious every conference commissioner is out for themselves, i.e. their respective conference. Which makes sense, and shouldn't be surprising.

But Scott, the Pac12 guy, would like to see the 4 teams come from conference champions (which, although not discussed in the article, would expedite the process of CFB turning into 4 Super Conferences - and I hate that idea). Slive, SEC honcho, doesn't like that model. OBVIOUSLY! If that were the case last year, Bama wouldn't have even sniffed the NC. They didn't even win their division, let alone their conference.

The article doesn't say which way Delany leans.

But there are numerous options: keep the BCS formulas, take top 4 at end of season. Tweak the BCS formula in some way. Go with a selection committee. Conference champions. List goes on.

This article says we could have all the answers by the end of the summer, possibly as early as June.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: And just how will the 4 teams be chosen??   And just how will the 4 teams be chosen?? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:05 am

I honestly believe that LSU and Alabama were the 2 best teams last year. For that reason last year didn't bother me.

But I'm sure that someone somewhere thought their team was better than Alabama and should have been in that game.

IMHO they are full of shit. Those 2 teams were obviously the 2 best teams last year.

For once the BCS actually got it right.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: And just how will the 4 teams be chosen??   And just how will the 4 teams be chosen?? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 am

Can't say I disagree with you on that one.

But it would have been fun to see OK St and Bama play for the chance to meet LSU in the title. Would have been very interesting to see the OK St. offense throwing the ball around the field vs the Tide defense. Not sure who would have come out on top in that one.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: And just how will the 4 teams be chosen??   And just how will the 4 teams be chosen?? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:37 am

Tweak the BCS formula to add the strength of schedule factor back in, and be done with it.

There will still be bitching from whomever is number 5, but I believe the tourney will quickly (relatively) be extended to 8 and then number 9 can just suffer.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: And just how will the 4 teams be chosen??   And just how will the 4 teams be chosen?? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:46 am

I think college football should end after the conference championship games.

After that, a playoff should start for the national championship and the only teams allowed to play in it should be from the SEC. Since, you know, GOD forbid any other team gets a chance to play even if an SEC team has a critical November loss. Then America should gather around their TV sets to watch the national title game between the two SEC teams and instead of actually watching the game, they should talk for 4 straight hours about how wonderful the SEC is. After the title game is over and the world has witnessed another SEC championship, the real college football fans should move down south so they can one day tell their grandchildren that they lived close to an SEC school. Then they should legally change their names to Bear Bryant, Bo Jackson or any other SEC legend name and then live out the rest of their lives in SEC happiness.

Any non-SEC school should just scrap their football programs. Because, really, does anything else matter besides the SEC?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: And just how will the 4 teams be chosen??   And just how will the 4 teams be chosen?? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:19 am

But, WH, tell us what you really think...???

Just joshin'. I share your frustration, infuriation and depression over the annual coronation/canonization of the SEC teams as the universe's best. As I posted before, it was almost that way just prior to when we faced Alabama for TommyB's final game; who outside of Big Ten country gave us a snowball's chance in hell? And in those days, with the CFB world's enamorization with the FLA teams (FSU and Miami I mean) still running wild,
the SEC wasn't even as idolized/deified as now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And just how will the 4 teams be chosen??   And just how will the 4 teams be chosen?? Empty

Back to top Go down

And just how will the 4 teams be chosen??
Page 1 of 1