Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Call me synical, but am I off on this? 1.1 million is really nothing nowadays. UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Call me synical, but am I off on this?  1.1 million is really nothing nowadays.  UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts Empty
PostSubject: Call me synical, but am I off on this? 1.1 million is really nothing nowadays. UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts   Call me synical, but am I off on this?  1.1 million is really nothing nowadays.  UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:15 pm

during their golf outings. I assume they mean to donate a lot more, but just the initial offering seems relatively cheap to me. One of my favorite movies is "A Civil Action" with John Travolta. He said. (paraphrasing) "A corporate defendant says it is sorry with the money they pay." Not much of an apology by PSU, in my humble opinion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/penn-st-gives-1-1m-152109171--ncaaf.html;_ylt=Av.sPzTAWWHocVPBQVenkpIcvrYF
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Call me synical, but am I off on this?  1.1 million is really nothing nowadays.  UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call me synical, but am I off on this? 1.1 million is really nothing nowadays. UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts   Call me synical, but am I off on this?  1.1 million is really nothing nowadays.  UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:16 pm

"Cynical" ^^ and "illiterate" lol
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Call me synical, but am I off on this? 1.1 million is really nothing nowadays. UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts   Call me synical, but am I off on this?  1.1 million is really nothing nowadays.  UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Well, maybe but not really. You've gotta remember that a university has many expenses and football funds much of it. That's all they had left-over after the necessities were taken out. And they had already pledged $1.5 million to another charity.

Is that $1.1 million going to make up for everything, no. But it shows an effort at a start. Let's just hope that isn't all.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Call me synical, but am I off on this? 1.1 million is really nothing nowadays. UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts   Call me synical, but am I off on this?  1.1 million is really nothing nowadays.  UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:10 pm

I disagree with you. The football team does not fund much of the University. IT funds much of the ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT.

Big Difference.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Call me synical, but am I off on this? 1.1 million is really nothing nowadays. UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts   Call me synical, but am I off on this?  1.1 million is really nothing nowadays.  UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Touche'. Yes, I misspoke. The Football program finances basically the entire Athletic Department (except for Hockey and it looks like bouncy-ball now). I apologize, good to know that you're still reading my posts though Joe...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Call me synical, but am I off on this? 1.1 million is really nothing nowadays. UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts   Call me synical, but am I off on this?  1.1 million is really nothing nowadays.  UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:32 pm

In related news, kind of but not really:

Edvard Munch's painting "The Scream" sold at Sotheby's in New York for $119.9 million on Wednesday night.

The amount is a record for a work of art sold at auction. The version of "The Scream" sold is one of four painted between 1893 and 1910, and is one of the best-known images in modern art.

Some of that money should go to the new research center?

Who has $119.9 million for a painting? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call me synical, but am I off on this? 1.1 million is really nothing nowadays. UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts   Call me synical, but am I off on this?  1.1 million is really nothing nowadays.  UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts Empty

Back to top Go down

Call me synical, but am I off on this? 1.1 million is really nothing nowadays. UM and LC generate more revenue for Motts
Page 1 of 1