Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OSU- cheating again, secondary violations

Go down 
+2
WolverineHistorian
booboo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

OSU- cheating again, secondary violations Empty
PostSubject: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:41 am

www.cleveland.com/osu

Meyer said "good luck" to Noah Spence before his state championship game last dec. Contact with an athlete on his gameday is not permitted. AD Smith and Archie Griffin recorded a personalized video for recruit E. Elliott for his official FB visit in march. Recruiting videos are forbidden. OSU staff member "bumped" into recruit K. Dodson during a recruiting visit when contact is not allowed. BTW all 3 athletes committed to OSU.

According to article, 46 minor violations in 21 sports since may 30th, 2011. One is stupid, a FB coach using smokeless tobacco on sidelines during game.

The point is, you are already in trouble. Don't you think the AD, coaches would do know every rule, go out of their way to make sure every rule is followed. AD making a recruiting video, how the hell doesn't he know that rule?

I guess OSU thinks the can do what they want.

Last edited by booboo on Fri May 18, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Somehow I sent the message twice)
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:40 am

You can do what you want when your athletic director is Gene Smith. And if you do get caught, Smith can help your major punishment get turned into a slap on the wrist as we learned a few months back.

Some violations seem pretty minor. But that video by Smith and Archie Griffin is a clear no-no.

OSU is very sneaky. Reporting hundreds of secondary violations the way they do gives the illusion that they have a strong and strict compliance department when in reality, they still turn their backs on all the big stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:32 pm

They personify the age-old, disgusting-but-true maxim, "There's no such thing as a crime at which you are never caught."

Though they take it a step further: "There's no harm in perpetrating a crime, caught or not caught, for which you are never punished."
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:58 pm

I was wondering if this story made it here. A friend of mine (an OSU fan) sent me this story a couple of days ago and I just now took a look at it. I would like to see more opinion's on this article. Try to put your hatred for OSU aside for a moment. I know it is hard but try and answer these questions:

Some of the violations seem pretty harmless. Telling a kid good luck at a game. Don't you think these types of things go on all of the time everywhere?

I would love to see stats of other schools secondary violations. 46 violations sounds like a lot but when some of them are telling a kid good luck or using chew on the sidelines I have to wonder how many other programs are racking up these types of violations. Does anyone know where these stats can be found? I think it would be good to compare and see if OSU is truly much worse than other programs.

I hate OSU and wish many bad things on them but the NCAA is beyond ridiculous with this stuff. Maybe the NCAA would be a more effective organization if they were not trying to chase down coaches for telling a kid to have a good game. Let everyone be able to do it and I do not see a problem.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:58 pm

I hate to say this but ask any woman, once a cheater, always a cheater.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:07 am

2ndComing, since I can't make (the subtle/minute details of) your latest avatar out with these aged eyes, what is the jacket TressMess is wearing emblazoned with?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:18 am

It's Tress wearing a WalMart greeter's vest lol.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:30 pm

^5 Admin!

I told you that I had a lot of them (keep in mind that I still haven't brought out the big gun yet)...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations EmptyWed May 23, 2012 6:22 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
^5 Admin!

I told you that I had a lot of them (keep in mind that I still haven't brought out the big gun yet)...

Gotta save the big guns for game weeks....right??
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations EmptyWed May 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Well, something like that....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OSU- cheating again, secondary violations   OSU- cheating again, secondary violations Empty

Back to top Go down

OSU- cheating again, secondary violations
Page 1 of 1