Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...

Go down 
+2
MichiganFootball13
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... Empty
PostSubject: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... 4f9ee410

Jehu won the 300M hurdles (37.73), 110M hurdles (14.55), and 100M dash (10.79) at his sectionals.

Keep in mind this kid is 6'3 too.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:32 pm

I was looking at his track times from last year and I was trying to figure out where the "slowness" comments were coming from. I personally know that track speed does not 100% transfer into football speed but with his times there can't be that big of a let-off.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:24 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
...I personally know that track speed does not 100% transfer into football speed but with his times there can't be that big of a let-off...

Morgan Trent was a stud in high school track but is it just me or did that dude get burned all the time?

Don't get me wrong because Trent is good enough to be playing in the NFL, but seriously, I seem to remember him getting burned all the time.

I remember the 2007 Rose Bowl against USC where it seemed like every play was a pass to whomever Trent was covering. Don't quote me on that but I do know for a fact that USC didn't run the ball the entire 3rd quarter and they scored like three times. They broke it open in a tight game because they figured out that Trent couldn't handle Smith or Jarrett.

MichFoot is right... track speed does not 100% transfer into football speed

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Is that because Morgan's speed was not translating to football or because speed is not the only thing when it comes to playing football? I tend to believe the latter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:17 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Is that because Morgan's speed was not translating to football or because speed is not the only thing when it comes to playing football? I tend to believe the latter.

Good point.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:44 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
...I personally know that track speed does not 100% transfer into football speed but with his times there can't be that big of a let-off...

Morgan Trent was a stud in high school track but is it just me or did that dude get burned all the time?

Don't get me wrong because Trent is good enough to be playing in the NFL, but seriously, I seem to remember him getting burned all the time.

I remember the 2007 Rose Bowl against USC where it seemed like every play was a pass to whomever Trent was covering. Don't quote me on that but I do know for a fact that USC didn't run the ball the entire 3rd quarter and they scored like three times. They broke it open in a tight game because they figured out that Trent couldn't handle Smith or Jarrett.

Morgan Trent was a very frustrating player to watch for all UM fans. ...but he wasn't the first talented defensive player to watch that was frustrating to watch as we had a questionable defensive coaching staff throughout most of the Lloyd years IMO.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:48 pm

eGrandpa wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Morgan Trent was a very frustrating player to watch for all UM fans. ...but he wasn't the first talented defensive player to watch that was frustrating to watch as we had a questionable defensive coaching staff throughout most of the Lloyd years IMO.

WillieM wrote...

WillieMFan wrote:

That would have to imply exactly what you are saying eGrandpa... the coaching just wasn't getting through to some of the players. That could be on either the coaches or the players though
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Don't write off MT's [football] speed entirely, folks. Wasn't Percy Harvin the quinessential Florida-product speed merchant? And who caught him from behind on that long play, saving four points (TD vs. FG), in Lloyd's final game (and our most recent victory, of many to come, over S[l]ick Urby)?????
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:22 pm

michmike wrote:
Don't write off MT's [football] speed entirely, folks. Wasn't Percy Harvin the quinessential Florida-product speed merchant? And who caught him from behind on that long play, saving four points (TD vs. FG), in Lloyd's final game (and our most recent victory, of many to come, over S[l]ick Urby)?????

very true but Trent had the angle. that has to count for two or three steps right?

also, that game shouldn't have even been close. Hart fumbled twice inside the 3 yard line. M own UF in that game (statistically speaking)

Can't wait to see more UM victories over (as you say) S[l]ick Urby ha ha!
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:41 pm

We all said that 100 times, about the game really being more like 56-24, U-M, Sandy. The guys were clearly pumped for Lloyd's swan song. Not only did we deny ourselves at least two TDs with turnovers, but Tebow looked, in that game, more like the QB Steve Everitt makes him out to be (in his recent comments) than the one all the football Jesus-freaks seem determined to.

And this the game when 91% of "America Votes" [that Michigan will lose]...!

Not so sure about the angle business on MT vs. PH, though. Granted the angle does help, to some extent, but as I recall it, Trent appeared to close from directly behind him for at least the final 10 yards.

But regardless of the clarity/accuracy of my memory, that play definitely did give us B-10 fans ammunition in the seemingly-endless speed arguments with Southern teams' fans.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...   Chesson isn't as slow as we thought... Empty

Back to top Go down

Chesson isn't as slow as we thought...
Page 1 of 1