Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason Empty
PostSubject: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:51 am

due to extremely poor administration at the top.

Embarrassing to the B1G, no doubt.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:45 pm

So who is eligible? What 3 teams will be fighting for a spot in the B1G Championship game from that side? Indiana, Purdue, and Illinois? Admin, this might be Indiana's best chance of EVER making the B1G Championship. But what about Wisconsin? Isn't it only 2 teams out of the Leaders are ineligible?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:40 pm

hence 1/3 . If 3 teams were ineligable it would be half the teams.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:20 pm

the artist formally known wrote:

Duhhhhhh.....

Major brain-fart. My bad. My real, real bad.

So basically we will be playing Wisconsin in the B1G Championship in December...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:45 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
the artist formally known wrote:

Duhhhhhh.....

Major brain-fart. My bad. My real, real bad.

So basically we will be playing Wisconsin in the B1G Championship in December...

Exactly.

But don't count out my HOO, HOO HOOSIERS!!! bahahahaa Very Happy

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Admin wrote:
But don't count out my HOO, HOO HOOSIERS!!! bahahahaa Very Happy

You mean the "Who's-your-daddy" klan from Bloomington?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:22 pm

This is one example of what has always bugged me about Wisconsin. Call it a simple well timed conference rotation or just dumb luck but they always, ALWAYS have the easiest road to a conference title, or a contention for one. It happened with every Alvarez team that went to Pasadena and it's happening this year.

They have to beat Illinois, Indiana and Purdue to make the title game. Their fans might as well make their hotel reservations for that weekend now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:55 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
This is one example of what has always bugged me about Wisconsin. Call it a simple well timed conference rotation or just dumb luck but they always, ALWAYS have the easiest road to a conference title, or a contention for one. It happened with every Alvarez team that went to Pasadena and it's happening this year.

They have to beat Illinois, Indiana and Purdue to make the title game. Their fans might as well make their hotel reservations for that weekend now.

WH you have a very solid point but you can't discount a Ron Dayne led team. They deserved those back to back Rose Bowls under Barry.

Although it was pointed out to me on the "other" board a long time ago that Ron Dayne NEVER rushed for over 100 yards in a game against UM. It was a stat that I had to look up and verify for myself.

This year's UW team has to break in a new QB (again) and might want to think twice before penciling in a trip to Indy just yet.

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:57 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

WH you have a very solid point but you can't discount a Ron Dayne led team. They deserved those back to back Rose Bowls under Barry.

Although it was pointed out to me on the "other" board a long time ago that Ron Dayne NEVER rushed for over 100 yards in a game against UM. It was a stat that I had to look up and verify for myself.

I always discounted Ron Dayne because his stats were always very misleading. This is why...

1. In his entire college career, he beat just 1 top ten team. That team was UCLA in the Rose Bowl. But that Bruins team had a defense that gave up an average of 39 points a game.

2. Both of Dayne's Rose Bowl teams didn't have to play a top team in the conference. They missed out on playing Ohio State in 1998 (arguably the best team in the nation that year) and they didn't have to play a solid Penn State team that won 10 games in 1999. They did, however, play Michigan both times and he was a non-factor in both contests. 53 yards in '98, 88 yards in '99.

3. The only reason Dayne won the Heisman Trophy was because the top contender was thrown out of the competition. Peter Warrick, a wide receiver from Florida State was by far the front runner all season. But he eventually got arrested (as many players did under Bobby Bowden's watch.) When that happened, the voters had no choice to give the trophy to Dayne. But it was only because of a technicality.

4. Those Badger teams played a typical non-conference slate of cupcakes (Murray State, Ball State, Ohio, UNLV, Cincinnati, etc.) Wisconsin's 1999 Rose Bowl team had a strength of schedule that was ranked #75 in the nation.

This is why I never gave Dayne or Alvarez's Rose Bowl teams much respect. Give us opponents like that and sure, we'll get a back that can put in a couple thousand yards a season.

I also never liked all the hoopla Wisconsin got by winning back-to-back Rose Bowls those years. When Michigan's playing in Pasadena, we're going up against #1 USC and Charles White, Pete Carroll's cheating USC teams with Reggie Bush, #2 Texas with Vince Young, #1 Washington with Mark Brunell, etc. Compare that to the Badgers pounding their chests over Rose Bowl wins over 8-4 Stanford (who lost 69-17 to San Jose State) and UCLA with a RichRod type defense. That's quite a difference, is it not?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:30 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I always discounted Ron Dayne because his stats were always very misleading. This is why...

1. In his entire college career, he beat just 1 top ten team. That team was UCLA in the Rose Bowl. But that Bruins team had a defense that gave up an average of 39 points a game.

2. Both of Dayne's Rose Bowl teams didn't have to play a top team in the conference. They missed out on playing Ohio State in 1998 (arguably the best team in the nation that year) and they didn't have to play a solid Penn State team that won 10 games in 1999. They did, however, play Michigan both times and he was a non-factor in both contests. 53 yards in '98, 88 yards in '99.

3. The only reason Dayne won the Heisman Trophy was because the top contender was thrown out of the competition. Peter Warrick, a wide receiver from Florida State was by far the front runner all season. But he eventually got arrested (as many players did under Bobby Bowden's watch.) When that happened, the voters had no choice to give the trophy to Dayne. But it was only because of a technicality.

4. Those Badger teams played a typical non-conference slate of cupcakes (Murray State, Ball State, Ohio, UNLV, Cincinnati, etc.) Wisconsin's 1999 Rose Bowl team had a strength of schedule that was ranked #75 in the nation.

This is why I never gave Dayne or Alvarez's Rose Bowl teams much respect. Give us opponents like that and sure, we'll get a back that can put in a couple thousand yards a season.

I also never liked all the hoopla Wisconsin got by winning back-to-back Rose Bowls those years. When Michigan's playing in Pasadena, we're going up against #1 USC and Charles White, Pete Carroll's cheating USC teams with Reggie Bush, #2 Texas with Vince Young, #1 Washington with Mark Brunell, etc. Compare that to the Badgers pounding their chests over Rose Bowl wins over 8-4 Stanford (who lost 69-17 to San Jose State) and UCLA with a RichRod type defense. That's quite a difference, is it not?

WOW.... I JUST GOT SCHOOLED!!!! HA HA

Still though, I always liked watching Dayne run. He was big and had cuts. His O-Line pushed guys around and by the time defenders got a hand on him he was moving. He bowled a lot of dudes over and that's the type of back I like to watch.

Being the math geek that I am F= ma (although Newton's first law is probably more applicable)

PostSubject: Re: 1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason   1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason Empty

Back to top Go down

1/3 of the Leaders Division isn't able to compete in postseason
Page 1 of 1