Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets

Go down 
+2
sandyeggo_blue
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets Empty
PostSubject: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:47 am

The girlfriend and I both got an email early this afternoon from the ticket office about single game tix available, and we both noticed the road game to Purdue was available.

Just a little bit ago I was checking into it on the ticket site through mgoblue, and saw that tix were $50/each. But they also weren't showing the seat location.

So I jumped on Stubhub to see what a $50 ticket would generally place me in there......

And boom. There's $33 tickets on Stubhub in the south endzone where the Michigan faithful generally congregate.

Anyway, impulse buy, really. But, only $77.50 for the pair after the $4.95 electronic shipping fee and Stubhub's 15% markup fee. Sitting Row 12.

Not too shabby.

I wasn't sure if higher up or lower down was better in the south stand, so I simply defaulted to being close to the field.

Two of the games we have so far, Air Force and Purdue, the excitement will be dependent on the previous weeks: Bama and at Notre Dame.

Boy it'd be great if I'm going to games where our boys are coming off big wins.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Admin wrote:
The girlfriend and I both got an email early this afternoon from the ticket office about single game tix available, and we both noticed the road game to Purdue was available.

Just a little bit ago I was checking into it on the ticket site through mgoblue, and saw that tix were $50/each. But they also weren't showing the seat location.

So I jumped on Stubhub to see what a $50 ticket would generally place me in there......

And boom. There's $33 tickets on Stubhub in the south endzone where the Michigan faithful generally congregate.

Anyway, impulse buy, really. But, only $77.50 for the pair after the $4.95 electronic shipping fee and Stubhub's 15% markup fee. Sitting Row 12.

Not too shabby.

I wasn't sure if higher up or lower down was better in the south stand, so I simply defaulted to being close to the field.

Two of the games we have so far, Air Force and Purdue, the excitement will be dependent on the previous weeks: Bama and at Notre Dame.

Boy it'd be great if I'm going to games where our boys are coming off big wins.

I've been to Ross Ade twice and both times I walked away unimpressed with the tailgate scene, the stadium, the fans and the overall experience.

The only thing I was impressed with was a local student tradition called "the breakfast club." basically the bars open at 6am on game days and all the students show up dressed in costumes (even though it's not halloween).

the last time I was there was in 2004 for a wisconsin vs purdue game so things may have changed. Plus I'm well past college student age so I'm not sure that sort of thing would be as fun to me anymore.... wait a minute, what did I just say... getting my early drink on in anticipation of a UM win is exactly my idea of fun ha ha.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:47 pm

I've also heard from many folks that Ross Ade Stadium, the atmosphere and the general feel of the whole city is pretty dull. But $33 tickets are $33 tickets. You have to scoop those up.

Surprisingly, I've never been to a Michigan road game...ever. I'd sure like to try it some time. Except for Ohio State. You couldn't pay me to sit in that stadium with America's worst fan base.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:41 pm

WH, you wouldn't make it into the Stadium alive. No one would, trust me. ohio fans are pathological (I still dislike another "school" more though).
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:46 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
WH, you wouldn't make it into the Stadium alive. No one would, trust me. ohio fans are pathological (I still dislike another "school" more though).

That's just it. Even a victory wouldn't be fully enjoyable because you have to fear for your life with those jackasses. I've never been there but my dad and several friends have. The stories they told me...never. Just never want to go there. It's bad enough that two of my closest friends moved to Columbus a couple years ago. Now any time I go there for visits, the looks I get from the home folks just for having a Michigan license plate are annoying enough.

One of these years, I'd like to go to Northwestern. I know the stadium is a wimpy high school looking structure but half of it is packed with Michigan fans so I think it would be fun. Iowa and Nebraska sound doable.

Illinois fans are pretty terrible so I don't think I'd ever care to go to Champaign.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:56 pm

I've been fortunate to see the Maize n Blue on the road at:

Indiana
Northwestern
Illinois
Michigan State
Penn State
Notre Dame

...and the Big House, obviously.

This will be first time seeing Michigan @ Purdue, though I've been to two other games at Ross-Ade before (PSU and IU).

I've been in Cbus for the tailgate scene (the Clarrett game), but we didn't buy tix.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Northwestern does sound like fun, very doable too what with Chicago just 13 miles south. That's be a great weekend. Spend Friday and Saturday night in the city. go to the game Saturday during the day. Sounds fun, expensive as nothing in Chicago is cheap, but fun.

I've actually heard a couple of people say NOT to go to Nebraska. One lives there and can't stand it, he said that the Husker fans are horrible. Either he was exaggerating, or the Husker fans that travel are the only cool ones.

I know a guy who went to grad. school at ohio (yea, I know right) and undergrad. at Oklahoma. He said that corn-husker fans are idiots, and THAT is coming from a ohio alumnus...

Take it for what it's worth. Regardless of recent events, Penn State is a place that I'd like to see a game. And The Rose Bowl of course...

Admin, what is the tailgate scene like down in the cess-pool?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:14 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Northwestern does sound like fun, very doable too what with Chicago just 13 miles south. That's be a great weekend. Spend Friday and Saturday night in the city. go to the game Saturday during the day. Sounds fun, expensive as nothing in Chicago is cheap, but fun.

I've actually heard a couple of people say NOT to go to Nebraska. One lives there and can't stand it, he said that the Husker fans are horrible. Either he was exaggerating, or the Husker fans that travel are the only cool ones.

I know a guy who went to grad. school at ohio (yea, I know right) and undergrad. at Oklahoma. He said that corn-husker fans are idiots, and THAT is coming from a ohio alumnus...

Take it for what it's worth. Regardless of recent events, Penn State is a place that I'd like to see a game. And The Rose Bowl of course...

Admin, what is the tailgate scene like down in the cess-pool?

I personally heard nothing but good things about the Nebraska fans in AA last year, but that's just the reviews one man heard.

As for the tailgate scene in Cbus, it was wild. I'm sure it's always a pretty crazy atmosphere, but then you add in the fact that they were undefeated and a win put them in the NC, and that place was rocking. People just everywhere. No real set tailgate section where I was. People huddled all around the Gameday set and everywhere else.

It was nuts, simply put.

And a good time, until piss was thrown on me.

Anyway, we wound up watching the game inside OSU's basketball arena (Value City at the time...idk what they call it these days).

I remember we shut Clarrett down on the opening play for like 1 or 2 yard loss. I jumped up and went crazy. Needless to say, my father and I were probably the only Michigan fans inside of that arena holding roughly 15k Buckeye fans. The boos that came down on me were loud...VERY loud.

Then we all know how the rest of that day went...ugh.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:47 am

I'll be at the Purdue game as well. I'm in the open (south) endzone, section 133. Looking forward to it. Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:21 pm

The Ohio game day scene is pretty great. They lack the golf courses of AA but I am starting to not like the courses now that they park cars on top of each other. That's a rant for another day.

C-bus has a lot of lots where you can tailgate. They have recently pushed the public lots out farther and claimed the closer lots for alum and season ticket holders. They also have what was used to be called Heinegate (sp?) but now it is called something else. The have big screen tv's out there so you can watch the game. They also have beer trucks getting fans ready to riot. Not a good place to be if you are an opposing teams fan. Probably similar to what Admin went through at the basketball arena. I did not get urine thrown on me though so that is good. The folks in c-bus are an opportunistic bunch. They prey on the elderly and anyone who has been separated from the pack. I find as long as you are with your group they keep their mouths shut. If you wander off to say go to the bathroom then good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:13 pm

You have been WARNED by Willie!

Heed the advice, folks.

Razz
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Lalalala...I heard nothing. Seriously, I didn't hear anything.

Admin wrote:
I personally heard nothing but good things about the Nebraska fans in AA last year, but that's just the reviews one man heard.

We discussed that, we arrived at the conclusion that a friendly group broke-off from the herd. Nebraska-Lincoln and Nebraska-Omaha are different to be sure but I more apt to believe the guy I met who said Husker fans were assholes. Evidently the small band of Husker fans that travel are the only decent ones. I know first-hand that Nebraska-Omaha fans are idiots, they are still bitter about Jed Ortmeyer going to Michigan.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets   Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets Empty

Back to top Go down

Impulse buy of the day: @ Purdue tickets
Page 1 of 1