Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome newest member to the M FB team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Welcome newest member to the M FB team Empty
PostSubject: Welcome newest member to the M FB team   Welcome newest member to the M FB team EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Sterling Johnson, recent grad of Birmingham Seaholm high school, tried out and made the team as a walk-on. He is 6'3, 228 lbs., played outside linebacker in HS, plans on playing same position at Michigan. He was also handled all kicking duties at school, longest FG was 45 yds.

I work in the athletic dept. at Seaholm, so I know Sterling very well. He had some offers from MAC schools, as well as D2 & D3 schools. But he has bled maize & blue since he was a kid, his dream was to play for Michigan. He was at Seaholm today, lifting & running, (since M team still in camp, walk-ons don't start practicing until monday 8/27). He found out on sunday, he said today its surreal, the smile on his face said it all. He will be red shirted, but will be able to dress for home games. He said the idea of running out of the tunnel is something he has dreamed about for yrs. I've been at the school for 30 yrs, you know when a kid is willing to pay the price to suceed, I believe this kid, by the 2014 season, will see alot of playing time.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Welcome newest member to the M FB team   Welcome newest member to the M FB team EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Congrats to him. It would be great for him to be the next Kovacs.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Welcome newest member to the M FB team   Welcome newest member to the M FB team EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:25 am

Congratulations to him. Go Blue!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome newest member to the M FB team   Welcome newest member to the M FB team EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 am

Great story. LB is going to be a tough position to crack for the foreseeable future. Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome newest member to the M FB team   Welcome newest member to the M FB team EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:44 am

Excellent story.

Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome newest member to the M FB team   Welcome newest member to the M FB team Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome newest member to the M FB team
Page 1 of 1