Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  Empty
PostSubject: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 am

Fish talked about how he has to hold his beer while we're on offense, beer on the end table while we're playing D in a different thread. Thought it was a good idea for a new thread.

My biggest superstition is still wearing my Woodson jersey from back in the day. Damn thing really doesn't fit me, and since I've packed on about 15-20 pounds since I left home for college (and probabaly an additional 5 since graduating from school), it REALLY doesn't fit too well. Nevertheless, it's always on.

Now, when we start playing like crap, I rip it off. It usually works. Once we get rolling again, the jersey goes back on.

Stupid, I know. But it is what it is.

Beginning tomorrow I'm retiring the Woodson jersey, and adopting one of my new jerseys I got from the garage sale.

Anyway, what kind of superstitions to do you have, if any??

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:30 am

I used to buy a new jersey every season, but I've stuck with the Brandon Minor jersey that I bought before the 2009 season. I like the way it fits, and I like the "those who stay" stitching on the inside.

I also rotate hats depending on home/away, conference or non-confenece game.

In the catagory of Too Much Information, I have an old pair of UM boxer shorts that I only wear on game days. The term shorts is a streatch for the shape these are in these days, more like a waistband holding some threads together.

I only drink Miller Lite on game days. Other beers are too heavy, and hard liquer makes me miss too much.

My wife makes a soup every game day, early and has it in the crock pot. The kids know, it is college football Saturday, if you're hungry, the soup is in the pot.

I've already discussed the beer thing, but I also have a football that I hold in my right arm when on offense and place in the seat next to me on defense. If there is a loose ball, I throw it on the floor, yell "BALL" and dive on it.

I know, the first step is admitting you have a problem. I know I have a problem.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:14 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:

I've already discussed the beer thing, but I also have a football that I hold in my right arm when on offense and place in the seat next to me on defense. If there is a loose ball, I throw it on the floor, yell "BALL" and dive on it.

I know, the first step is admitting you have a problem. I know I have a problem.

THAT. IS. AWESOME!!!!

uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 am

I usually wake up in the morning and play the victors on my computer about 10 times.. Then right before kickoff, I play it again. My sister got me some sort of Michigan Gnome figure for my apartment, and he was first introduced to the routine during the Sugar Bowl.. Needless to say, he'll be watching tomorrow. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:29 am

haha that's great

the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:50 am

I cannot change the channel while watching the game. If a commerciasl come on , or halftime to bad I stay right tghere, seems if I turn the channel , then Michigan suffers a bad turnover, now that you know this, don't be bad mouthing me if it happens., I don't want to be here and hear dammit Lab stay on that station.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:02 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I cannot change the channel while watching the game. If a commerciasl come on , or halftime to bad I stay right tghere, seems if I turn the channel , then Michigan suffers a bad turnover, now that you know this, don't be bad mouthing me if it happens., I don't want to be here and hear dammit Lab stay on that station.
Same way, I never change the channel during a UM game. Other games I surf during commercials or halftime, never during a UM game.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:03 pm

DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  Gnome12
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:05 pm

I've got that same guy. We use him as a door stop inside the front door. Starts a lot of conversations for first time visitors to the fishgoblue home.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:09 pm

LOL.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:11 pm

I hide him during the week... He only comes out on Saturdays... Part superstition/ part ME BEING A BACHELOR still.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:14 pm

uofmchris wrote:
part ME BEING A BACHELOR still.. LOL

HAHAHA no doubt. Probably wouldn't go over to well with the ladies.

uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:15 pm

EXACTLY!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 pm

I honestly don't have any Michigan Football superstitions. Hockey on the other-hand I have a few. Like never allowing my butt to touch a seat until the last player is off of the ice, eating a slice from Pizza Bob's on the walk to the game (if I'm coming from campus), always starting "The Black Hole" chant at the 1:00 mark of the first period if I'm at the game, etc.

Football, nothing really. Well, I guess cracking the first beer of the day at 7:55 on Stadium Blvd. as I wait in-line to get on the golf course for the season opener although that has gotten trickier now with the "no waiting" policy. Not a problem this year though as the season-opener is in Dallas and the home opener is when I'll be in California.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:57 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

F'ing hilarious.

I really do not have any superstitions. I tried some things a couple of years ago when I wanted to break the Ohio win streak. I went on a blue kick- blue cups, blue napkins,plates, Labatt Blue. Nothing red whatsoever. I would have cut off my arm if I thought it would help. It did not work so I ditched it. Now I just yell at the tv and my kids make fun of me. Man do I yell at the tv. Probably look psycho watching games.

Great thread.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:34 pm

[quote="WillieMfan"]
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Now I just yell at the tv and my kids make fun of me. Man do I yell at the tv. Probably look psycho watching games.

Great thread.

I'm the same way. Just adds to the reasoning for never inviting anyone over.

I remember when Brabbs knocked in that FG versus Washington back in '02. I sprinted out of my house and ran up down the street waving our 5x7 Michigan flag.

Crazy.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:49 pm

I remember that. I think Brabb's missed two FG's that game. My best freind and I were watching the game at a BW 3's in Akron. Ohio fans were chearing for Washington the whole time. We almost got in a couple of fights. Then he nailed that FG and shut up the Ohio fans for good. It was awesome.

Interestingly enough I will be watching Bama with the same guy tomorrow night. Perhaps we will have some of the same luck. This time we are setting up a tailgate at his place though. Going to avoid annoying Ohio fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!    DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!  Empty

Back to top Go down

DESCRIBE YOUR SUPERSTITIONS!
Page 1 of 1