Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoke said Lewan is fine...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jjabilene

Hoke said Lewan is fine... Empty
PostSubject: Hoke said Lewan is fine...   Hoke said Lewan is fine... EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:10 pm

which pretty much keeps the game from being an absolute worst case scenario in my mind. Losing Countess certainly sucks, but with most everyone else being ok, maybe the bad news is finally over and we can start to regroup. Have to admit, I'm pretty nervous for Air Force now, not crapping my pants nervous, but nervous nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said Lewan is fine...   Hoke said Lewan is fine... EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 pm

I have been thinking/saying for a few months that this is a true trap game for us. I have been concerned about our emotions coming out of the Bama game (win or lose, blow out or close) plus not really having enough time to prepare for their offense. After Saturday night, this one just might set the tone for the rest of our year. We NEED to regain our confidence and as some people are saying...we sure are going to find out what kind of senior leadership we have this week!

TiM

Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said Lewan is fine...   Hoke said Lewan is fine... EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:06 pm

This sounds kinda bad but if forced to lose either Countess or Lewan I'd pick Lewan. Taylor has all of the upside in the world but he can be an idiot at times. Countess is solid, he is more difficult to replace than Lewan IMHO.

Please note, I'm not saying that we have depth at any line, but I believer that we'd be better off with Lewan's back-up instead of Countess' back-up. Unfortunately we were not able to pick and we're stuck with Countess being out, for the season.

Actually, just looking at the AF game I'd rather have Taylor than Countess. AF primarily runs the ball (that damn triple option) so I don't think Countess would have the opportunity to play a very large role. I'm not sure hoe big AF is (actually I'm too lazy to look it up) but having a monster like Lewan in the game should make for some easier running for Fitz/Denard. In the long run I'd still rather have Countess though.

AF will be a challenge but I'm pretty sure we got this. If we do actually lose (Lord I hope not) listen carefully for a scream from Southern California. You should be able to hear me, and poor eggo is gonna need a hearing aid after I rupture his ear drums. Let's pray that doesn't happen.

The sky isn't falling folks.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Bo, I gotta disagree with you on the Lewan/Countess issue...   Hoke said Lewan is fine... EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm

I think Lewan may actually be the best player on the team this year, or close to it. Countess has a lot of upside, but he's a sophomore and was still improving. The depth on O-line basically consists of freshman. I agree he has a maddening tendency towards the bone-headed plays, but he's a major talent.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said Lewan is fine...   Hoke said Lewan is fine... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:56 am

Who do we have as 2nd-string CB's? That's right, no one. Otherwise known as Rich Clod recruits. Lewan just hasn't impressed me (maybe it's that I'm comparing him to former Left Tackles *cough* Jake Long *cough*).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said Lewan is fine...   Hoke said Lewan is fine... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoke said Lewan is fine...
Page 1 of 1