Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site...

Go down 
+3
the artist formally known
BOLEACH7
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site... Empty
PostSubject: Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site...   Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site... EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 am

that issue has been taken care of. Now when you come to this site, it goes straight to a login page unlike before. No matter what button in the menu you click (Home, Calendar, etc.), you won't leave the login page until you've signed in/registered.

I feel bad that I had to do that because of the idiots out there. Many of our guests are probably Michigan fans just reading up on stuff. Unfortunately, now they have to register to read anything.

So, no need to worry about the WYD's of the world reading your posts and posting it to any other forum.

Back to the thought of fellow UofM fans: if anyone you know comes to take a peek, just tell them to register, and let them know why this place is on lockdown. After all, it's free anyway.

Also, this may bring up another issue: trolls trying to register so they can continue reading our content. I implore all of you to keep an eye on posts, and if you see ANYTHING fishy, PM me or MGoMod and let us know. We'll get it figured out and taken care of ASAP.

In other words, we'll take out the trash.

Go Blue.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site...   Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site... EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:36 am

WYD and weatherman will be crying all day now .... fuck em both
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site...   Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site... EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:40 am

Is that good for getting new memebers as they will not be able to see what going on and they may want to get on the forum and discuss isssues. I agree those pencil pricks can be a hassle but I really don't care anymore what they post on M-Live, but if someone else wants to come here and talk football, they should have a way to browse and see if its interesting enough to join.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Well artist   Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site... EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 am

It is a fine line.

If they are good fans and really want to check it out the can and then un subscribe or never come back.

So if they really want to be here they will be.
Back to top Go down
mjagger1

mjagger1

PostSubject: Blocking the site vs. new, good, M members   Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site... EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:23 am

FWIW, I don't think you'll have to block the content of this site for all that long. After a couple of weeks, those guys will get sick of trying to look in here and give up. Then you'll be able to unblock if you desire.

More than likely, they'll be trying to get in under assumed names. No matter, they'll be figured out before long.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: What they never understood jagger,   Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site... EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:53 am

Is that it is so easy to weed them out.

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site...   Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site... EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:23 pm

It's free to register. If someone wants to take a peak they can do so at no cost.

Thanks for making it happen Admin! Now mlive will not be filled with post counts, quotes from our threads, etc. The trolls will lose their minds.
Back to top Go down
Evtech

PostSubject: Nice job guys   Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site... EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:38 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
It's free to register. If someone wants to take a peak they can do so at no cost.

Thanks for making it happen Admin! Now mlive will not be filled with post counts, quotes from our threads, etc. The trolls will lose their minds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site...   Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site... Empty

Back to top Go down

Found out how to block 'Guests' from viewing the site...
Page 1 of 1