Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recruiting finish going sour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CharlotteGuy

Recruiting finish going sour Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting finish going sour   Recruiting finish going sour EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:17 am

Garnett, Reeves, Kazan 0-3. Now were HOPING for a MAC offered DT, a 3* TE, and rest is blind. Sounding like Diamond will not be blue either. Stinks to have started out so nice just get watch us get smacked by the oversigning coach at that school with sanctions. Very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
LongLiveUM

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting finish going sour   Recruiting finish going sour EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 am

I realize some people are feeling a bit down right now with some recruiting news. I'm just not in the same boat with that.

Both Hoke & Meyer came in at a good time & have made the most of it. I'm not going to dismiss the success from Hoke & Company. There are still prospects to get and the team proved this year that huge improvements can happen.

I'd also like to point out that Meyer has *decided* to honor all commits previous to his hire. I star that b/c he really didn't decide. That was his only choice. Otherwise, he would have damaged pipelines all over the place. These players are going to have an effect on what he wants to do in a negative way, imo. Regardless of rankings, O$U's class is a hodgepodge of wanted/unwanted for the current staff. They have obtained some key pieces but there are also plenty they don't want now.

As for the talk about oversigning. The conference doesn't allow it, won't happen & I'm really hoping uninformed *throw at the wall* comments aren't part of this forum. There have been numerous claims on them being over the limit already but the reality is:

1) Conference won't let that happen.
2) With any new hire (Especially a huge offensive shift), attrition & transfers are going to happen.
3) Some (from what I read ... 6?) current players on their roster can be counted towards last years count.
4) Urban was one of the few coaches in the SEC that didn't oversign.

--- I just don't want this forum to begin going down the road of baseless comments. Personally, I'm looking forward to these next few years (mostly b/c we easily have the upper hand).

As for the finish, it isn't over until that dotted line is signed. Even if we get no more ***stud*** players, I'm quite fine with this class & have faith in the ability of our staff to get the most out of the people we have. My lord, look at what was done this past season????

Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Excellent Post!   Recruiting finish going sour EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:28 am

Recruitimg is a marathon, not a sprint. We benefitted from OSU's woes just as OSU benefitted from PSU's. No big deal. The game is won in the trenches on the field!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting finish going sour   Recruiting finish going sour Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruiting finish going sour
Page 1 of 1