Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN

Go down 
+6
WolverineHistorian
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
jjabilene
the artist formally known
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN Empty
PostSubject: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 pm

ESPN.com would be littered with preview articles, features, etc.

Instead, we get the homer-ass NBC crew and essentially zero buildup at this point in the week.

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:57 pm

yea ! its like thats their Home team station, no objectivity comming this week.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Yep, if it's shown on ESPN, they ram it down our throats. Women's basketball tournament anyone?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Did someone say Basketball? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm ok with it. UM will go in there and win, and ESPN Gameday final will pretty much ignore the win the next day and talk about the SEC. It's ok, just keep winning.

Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:39 pm

I don't mind not having buildup. And that horrible NBC crew, I agree they are terrible. That's why dad and I put the TV on mute and then turn the radio to Frank Beckman and Jim Brandstatter.

The only time I turned the radio off for an NBC game was in 2006 when we went up 27-7. At that point, I was perfectly happy to hear the homer NBC crew. Heh.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:58 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
I don't mind not having buildup. And that horrible NBC crew, I agree they are terrible. That's why dad and I put the TV on mute and then turn the radio to Frank Beckman and Jim Brandstatter.

The only time I turned the radio off for an NBC game was in 2006 when we went up 27-7. At that point, I was perfectly happy to hear the homer NBC crew. Heh.

I was at that game. #14 UM went into South Bend and murdered #2 ND. Woodley and Manningham were great that game. Quinn looked lost for most of the game. Samardzija was about the only guy ND had that UM had trouble with. What a great game!

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:02 pm

I was at a friend of a friend's house out in LA who was also a Michigan Alumni. We got pretty loud, just the two of us during the first half. By half-time we were going back and forth because Michigan had already won that game.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Your constant denigration of basketball is   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:25 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Did someone say Basketball? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

off-putting. Just sayin'!
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:04 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I was at that game. #14 UM went into South Bend and murdered #2 ND. Woodley and Manningham were great that game. Quinn looked lost for most of the game. Samardzija was about the only guy ND had that UM had trouble with. What a great game!

Maybe you're somewhere in this video? Our fans leaving Notre Dame Stadium in 06....

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Come on I am sure there will be some pre-game hype! After all there is that great new NBC Sports channel. Surely they can find some time to preview the game between hunting shows and surfing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Haha, isn't that truth, Willie?

joe

joe

PostSubject: Can't see me   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:01 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Maybe you're somewhere in this video? Our fans leaving Notre Dame Stadium in 06....

But I was right in the middle of that.

That was one of the best times.

I also enjoyed walking back to our car after Remy Hamilton beat the Iwish on a last second FG. Campus was absolutely SILENT! Laughing

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Awesome. I'd love to take in a game at ND some day.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Admin wrote:
Haha, isn't that truth, Willie?

Yes it is. I laugh every time I look at the channel guide. I swear NBC took the ESPN "the Ocho" idea seriously from Dodge Ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN   Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday's game would be getting so much more hype if it was on ESPN
Page 1 of 1