Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now. Empty
PostSubject: 1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now.   1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now. EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 pm

NM
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now.   1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now. EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 5:23 pm

That was a really cool show.

I kept waiting for a game-by-game breakdown, but it never came. That part was a bit disappointing, especially when you're talking about the ND, NW and Iowa games. Those were great games that were hardly mentioned in that show.

Should've been a two hour show now that I think about it.

Overall, still a good one.

Glen Steele was THE MAN. Still is, actually.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: 1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now.   1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:09 pm

I always lamented, and questioned, how a defense the caliber of our '97 champions could return NINE starters in '98 yet stink so profusely through the first two games (giving up 36 and 38 points, and about 1,000 yards, to ND and Syracuse).

But I have to admit---when the two guys you lose of the starting 11 happen to be named GLEN STEELE and CHARLES WOODSON...

Yes, 9 other guys should have improved enough to take up the slack, but then again: (1) Steele was probably the best pass rusher we've had at U-M in my 4 decades of following the Maize and Blue; (2) Woodson was a once-in-a-generation talent (and some generations miss). It was, seriously, no exaggeration at all to say that against 90% of opponents, he could take fully half the field himself.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: 1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now.   1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Tell you what Mike, I was at the 1998 UofM/ND game and while ND had a good game plan our guys were sucking wind and cramping up. It was about 95 degrees that day. It made tailgating difficult if you can believe that.

Our defense was, most likely in my opinion, not in as good of shape after our Championship season. They went into that game and the heat and humidity sucked the energy right out of them. Hell it did to me and I was just watching.

THis was the game I sat on the 48 yard line, in the top row, leaning against the ND pressbox! Got the tickets froma a good friend! lol

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now.   1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Lots of facts and stats were given during that show but the one that stuck out in my mind was that 31 guys from that team played in the NFL. That is staggering.

Also, I loved Marcus Ray talking about how he was standing over Boston telling him to shut his mouth in the Big House. Classic!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now.   1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:53 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Lots of facts and stats were given during that show but the one that stuck out in my mind was that 31 guys from that team played in the NFL. That is staggering.

Also, I loved Marcus Ray talking about how he was standing over Boston telling him to shut his mouth in the Big House. Classic!

Yeah, that was great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now.   1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now. Empty

Back to top Go down

1997 UM Football on BTN Elite right now.
Page 1 of 1