Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Desmond

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
WolverineHistorian
WillieMfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Desmond   Desmond EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Not sure if anyone else saw this but Desmond Howard had a bad Twitter experience this past weekend. A Columbus sports talk radio guy for the ESPN affiliate tweeted that he wishes Desmond would die or get fired. This clearly bothered Desmond and he posted a couple of tweets in disbelief of what he had read. Today the DJ was suspended and Herbie had Desmond's back. Read more here (the video is Herbie response):

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/october/columbus-radio-host-scott-torgerson-suspended-for-offensive-tweet-criticized-by-colleague-kirk-herbstreit.html
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Looking at his picture, he looks exactly like someone I would suspect of writing such a tweet.

Desmond should sign this photo and send it to Torgerson...

Desmond Desmond-howard_the-pose
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 pm

That would be great.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:12 am

I'll bet this is what that Velenti guy that you all talk about looks like. A doughy d-bag with no athletic ability. Just yell stuff into the mic and hang up on callers that disagree with you.

I hate those shows. Thanks Jim Rome, now a bunch of douchers want to be like you.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'll bet this is what that Velenti guy that you all talk about looks like. A doughy d-bag with no athletic ability. Just yell stuff into the mic and hang up on callers that disagree with you.

I hate those shows. Thanks Jim Rome, now a bunch of douchers want to be like you.

Here you go. He does kind of look like I'd expect him to look.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/personality/mike-valenti/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:59 am

I didn't get to see the Herbstreit part of that article (work has videos blocked on most sites....ugh).

However, just based on reading the text, it sounds like Herbie let that jackoff have it on air. Like the article said, you've gotta hand it to Herbie for doing so. Day by day KH is losing fans from the Ohio State camp because he's one of the few objective CFB guys out there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a 'fan' of Herbie, but I do respect what he's been able to accomplish on ESPN over the last 10-15 years. Guy knows his stuff, and it shows on a daily basis.

GO BLUE

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:03 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:

That's not really his style. He loves having callers to disagree with so he can go into his act of making fun of them. But his thing was always refusing to take calls from Michigan fans who actually had a brain and could put him in his place. Then he could be like, "Look! All Michigan fans are idiots."

If that wasn't the final straw for me listening to his program a couple years ago, his condescending everybody-in-the-world-is-stupid-but-me voice was. Even if we won 72-0 this Saturday, I still wouldn't want to turn his program on the Monday after to hear his thoughts. His voice bugs me THAT much.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:37 am

WolverineHistorian wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

That's not really his style. He loves having callers to disagree with so he can go into his act of making fun of them. But his thing was always refusing to take calls from Michigan fans who actually had a brain and could put him in his place. Then he could be like, "Look! All Michigan fans are idiots."

If that wasn't the final straw for me listening to his program a couple years ago, his condescending everybody-in-the-world-is-stupid-but-me voice was. Even if we won 72-0 this Saturday, I still wouldn't want to turn his program on the Monday after to hear his thoughts. His voice bugs me THAT much.

I've never heard his show, and probably never will. His picture posted above is pretty much what I thought he would look like, an doughy d-bag with hair gell. Maybe he should be on real housewifes of New Jersey or Jersey Shores.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 am

Admin wrote:
I didn't get to see the Herbstreit part of that article (work has videos blocked on most sites....ugh).

However, just based on reading the text, it sounds like Herbie let that jackoff have it on air. Like the article said, you've gotta hand it to Herbie for doing so. Day by day KH is losing fans from the Ohio State camp because he's one of the few objective CFB guys out there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a 'fan' of Herbie, but I do respect what he's been able to accomplish on ESPN over the last 10-15 years. Guy knows his stuff, and it shows on a daily basis.

GO BLUE

It was good. JH said something like "It is going to be a shocker to some, but former Ohio State and former Michigan players are friends. Desmond is a close friend of mine...."
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: I use this Photo for my Avatar on my fantasy team.    Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:58 am

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Looking at his picture, he looks exactly like someone I would suspect of writing such a tweet.

Desmond should sign this photo and send it to Torgerson...

Desmond Desmond-howard_the-pose
since putting it on I'm 2-0 knock on wood. Shocked Embarassed No

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:53 pm

jjabilene wrote:

Hey, it's az.... No

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:04 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
jjabilene wrote:

Hey, it's az.... No

LOL
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:15 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
jjabilene wrote:

Hey, it's az.... No

That's funny, but the biggest difference between the two is that Valenti will bag on his teams, including MSU. AZ is so one-note in terms of believing that everything MSU is perfect and everything UofM is bad, that it's way past the point of absurdity.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:03 pm

That's called "baiting" jj. Valenti only does it to get UM fans with very little intellect to call into his show.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:46 pm

This also, once again, proves that no good can come from twitter....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:42 pm

The final chapter in this saga has been played out. Looks like there will be one more person in the unemployment line.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/10/24/espn-radio-host-scott-torgerson-the-clown-who-called-for-desmond-howard-to-get-fired-or-die-is-no-longer-employed/
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:27 am

Good. He seems like a punk.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 am

WillieMfan wrote:
The final chapter in this saga has been played out. Looks like there will be one more person in the unemployment line.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/10/24/espn-radio-host-scott-torgerson-the-clown-who-called-for-desmond-howard-to-get-fired-or-die-is-no-longer-employed/

Ha, I love the way Willie phrased this...

Sponsored content

Desmond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond   Desmond Empty

Back to top Go down

Desmond
Page 1 of 1