Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello Wolverine Fans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maizerage5

maizerage5

Hello Wolverine Fans Empty
PostSubject: Hello Wolverine Fans   Hello Wolverine Fans EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:30 pm

I am ecstatic to be on this new forum. Mlive was getting very bad with all the sucknut and Sparty trolls. Nice to be able to talk some real M football. I for one am a little disappointed in how we are finishing the recruiting class but I got to thinking: 1) We never really lost Dunn to O$U, he never really decommited in the first place! 2) We did loose Reeves to OlieO, however, his best friend was going there....so I was not shocked he picked O$U. 3) If we get Diamond, we are going to be 1-1 with Meyer, since he wanted Diamond and Diamond dropped O$U. 4) Lastly, Meyer wanted Kalis and Kalis stuck with UM, which was a blow to O$U.

So in reality, we are not getting killed in recruiting by Meyer: He got Reeves, we may get Diamond, he got Dunn, we got Kalis etc. He benefited from the PSU collapse and perfect storm the Tressel fallout. He is a great recruiter and O$U is a talent rich state, but Hoke and Mattison will get some good Ohio talent in the future.....as always. Mad

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Yep, I totally agree.   Hello Wolverine Fans EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Diamond will be a huge get for UM. We need to close with him.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello Wolverine Fans   Hello Wolverine Fans EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:01 pm

Welcome!! I am not worried about recruiting at all. While other schools are hoping and praying they get their commits, UM already had their class wrapped up by Sept. We already had our foundation laid before other teams started laying their forms. (probably a bad analogy unless you built a house before)

Hoke and the coaching staff did their evaluation, noted the positions of need to get the Team where they wanted it, and went out and got those players. All is fine in AA. I am still hearing about a possible surprise for NSD.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Hello Wolverine Fans   Hello Wolverine Fans EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Go_Blue wrote:

Hoke and the coaching staff did their evaluation, noted the positions of need to get the Team where they wanted it, and went out and got those players. All is fine in AA. I am still hearing about a possible surprise for NSD.

I hate to rain on people's parade but the guys we have lost recently had offers from U of M. So they were recruits Hoke and the coaching staff wanted. We're not talking scrubs either 4 and 5 star guys.

I really want Diamond!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
maizerage5

maizerage5

PostSubject: Re: Hello Wolverine Fans   Hello Wolverine Fans EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:50 pm

I am hoping for Diamond too, especially since that would be a slap to Myer. He would be the last jewel in the class. Garnett and Reeves were most disappointing, but I think both were an uphill battle to begin with. Still, a very good class overall, and lets see how it plays out! I say keep the extra four to five scholies for next year, and don't just give them out to plan C players. We need to get the guys that really want to come to Michigan, if they don't then move on.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Wolverine Fans   Hello Wolverine Fans Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Wolverine Fans
Page 1 of 1