Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoke Presser

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Hoke Presser Empty
PostSubject: Hoke Presser   Hoke Presser EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 pm

A couple interesting things to note.

Apparently DR was in on a kick return. Ummm...yea you miss some things being at the game. Booze might have played a part as well.

Taylor is expected to be back for Nebraska. Color me skeptical. Looked like he was really hurting. Chantel Jennings (ESPN) said she saw a picture of his elbow after the game and it looked bad. She was surprised that he would be back for Nebraska. Hope he plays but I am worried.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Hoke Presser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke Presser   Hoke Presser EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:35 pm

The BTN didn't show Denard back there, but after the kick went threw the endzone, they showed him walking toward the sideline huddle. I thought it looked like he was coming off the field. Then the BTN guy said, without saying his name, "he wasn't the deep back, but he was one of the up backs for that kickoff, I'll be that scared them a little".
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hoke Presser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke Presser   Hoke Presser EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Yeah I didn't notice it inside the stadium (hello, booze), but I do remember a caller after the game on WTKA who pointed it out. Ira had to go back and confirm what the caller pointed out.

Interesting.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Hoke Presser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke Presser   Hoke Presser EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Hoke was very coy about it during the presser. They asked what DR was doing on the KO and he just said he thought he might return a kick. Hoke's responses are pretty funny sometimes. He can be pretty frustrating though if you want to get information. I feel bad for the people that have to cover Michigan football. He gives them very little.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hoke Presser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke Presser   Hoke Presser EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:06 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Hoke was very coy about it during the presser. They asked what DR was doing on the KO and he just said he thought he might return a kick. Hoke's responses are pretty funny sometimes. He can be pretty frustrating though if you want to get information. I feel bad for the people that have to cover Michigan football. He gives them very little.

"Luckily", for most in the sports journalism world, that's biz as usual. It's all BS coach speak.

Trying to break it all down and generate 'news' from it is what separates the bad, good and great.

I used to hate all the mid-week pressers I had to cover. Monday was Bill Lynch's presser at the stadium at 11am EST. Tuesday was the B1G teleconference with every B1G coach, usually starting around 11am. Wednesday we had access to the O coordinator (Matt Canada, now the OC at Wiscy) after practice (5pm or so). Thursday was access to D coordinator after practice.

By week 4 or 5 you're tapped out of story ideas. Basically praying for something 'uncommon' to happen so you had something to write about.

Sponsored content

Hoke Presser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke Presser   Hoke Presser Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoke Presser
Page 1 of 1