Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! Empty
PostSubject: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 am

A very chilly morning here in the armpit of Michigan. But it's supposed to be 50 here today. (Go ahead and ruin it eggo! lol)

It seems like no one is talking about NU yet. Is there any news out there? I'm stuck working this week (Grump) but am doing paperwork today so I can check up on headlines.

I hope all you MICHIGAN FANS havea fun, relaxing and just AWESOME day today.

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:59 am

I just got tickets to the Northwestern game yesterday (north end zone, 4th row) through some family friends. They have been hooking me up with tickets for years. Plus the weather is supposed to be really nice on Saturday. So, I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:32 am

I was going to call my buddy and see if he's going. He's been to Evanston several times.

Hell, Evanston is the same distance from where I'm from as Ann Arbor. They're both about 2:15.

I've been to Evanston for 2 classics.

I was at the 54-51 game. This was really right at the beginning of a spread/option. I thought this game sucked doggie dix! This was a long 3 hour drive home.

I was at the 12-6 game 2 years before that. This was a Sayerday Night game in the biggest deluge I've ever sat in. For those that havebeen there you'll understand and for those that haven't, the South end zone has a large tunnel under it. You come from the outside into the stands and then fan out into 4 or 5 or 6 sections. All 6 sections are filled by going through that tunnel. In 1998 that tunnel was waist deep in water! Literally. I didn't sit anywhere near my seats and no one cared. I sat next to the aisle and the water running down the steps was like a waterfall. I saw on TV that they havethey holes that water runs out of the stands? The water was coming out of it like a firehose!!!

Anyway, it was raining.

Have a blast there WH! If I could go I would.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:42 am

Hey WH? How many B1G stadiums have you been to? I'll even include ND.

I've been to ND (5 or 6), PSU (2), NU (2) MSU (too many).

I've been to a lot mor Baseball parks than College football Stadiums.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:27 am

I was gonig to make the trip up to AA this week if Sparty beat Nebraska.

Thanks, Johnny Adams.

I'll be up there next week for Iowa.

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Hey WH? How many B1G stadiums have you been to? I'll even include ND.

I've been to ND (5 or 6), PSU (2), NU (2) MSU (too many).

I've been to just 2 B1G stadiums, MSU in 97 and Indiana in 98. But Michigan wasn't the opponent either time. So I still have yet to attend an actual Michigan road game. One of these years, I want to go to Evanston mostly because it's got to be the easiest road trip. Plus half the stadium is Michigan fans. What more could you ask for at an away game?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Penn State was the most fun. I highly suggest working up a road trip some time in your "history".

Notre Dame has history. The campus has History. The school has History. Going to a game there is a good time. When you're there the comradarie of 2 of the greatest football programs in history is unreal.

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:21 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I was at the 12-6 game 2 years before that. This was a Sayerday Night game in the biggest deluge I've ever sat in. For those that havebeen there you'll understand and for those that haven't, the South end zone has a large tunnel under it. You come from the outside into the stands and then fan out into 4 or 5 or 6 sections. All 6 sections are filled by going through that tunnel. In 1998 that tunnel was waist deep in water! Literally. I didn't sit anywhere near my seats and no one cared. I sat next to the aisle and the water running down the steps was like a waterfall. I saw on TV that they havethey holes that water runs out of the stands? The water was coming out of it like a firehose!!!

Anyway, it was raining.

My friend went to that game, the same one who hooked me up with tickets for Saturday. She told me she had to ring her hair out that evening but I never knew the tunnel was that deep in water.

This reminds me of a topic we discussed on rivals.com several years back about Michigan games people attended with the absolute worst weather. The ones brought up the most were:

1998 NORTHWESTERN: For everything you just said.

1995 PURDUE: The 5-0 game, played in rain, sleet, snow and windchill that reached 30 below.

1988 MINNESOTA: Could easily rival the 95 Purdue game minus the snow. So frigid and cold. Bo said in his post-game press conference that Michigan would never play a 3:30 game in November under his watch again.

1973 MSU: I wasn't alive yet but a couple people mentioned how they went to East Lansing for this one and it was played in a downpour for all four quarters. But that didn't make a difference in the outcome as we pounded Sparty 31-0.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:37 pm

What about the games that are hotter than hell?

My mother and father were at the 2002 (?) Washington game, when Brabbs nailed the game winner after hitting a couple DUCKHOOKS earlier in the game.

They said it was hotter than hell that day, then add 110,00+ people surrounding you.

I haven't been to one that was all too miserable. The ND game in 2003 or whatever when we smoked 'em 38-0 was pretty warm, but not unbearable.

OSU in 97 was frigid, but because of the implications and the way that gaem went, every Michigan fan in the Big House was warm and fuzzy.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:44 pm

I remember the 1998 Notre Dame gamein South Bend was the opening weekend that year and was hotter than hell. Tailgating on blacktop was unbearable. No trees because we were in a parking lot. 1998 so awnings weren't as prevelantasthey are today.

I was also at an MSU game that was pretty damn hot. One of my buddies didn't exactly pass out but came close. (Of course alcohol had NOTHING to do with it!) Can't remember the year. All I remember was I sat in the shade of the south scoreboard. That was the BEST

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:37 pm

You week Northeners. 100 degree plus is pleasant when you live most of your adult live in North/South Carolina.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Yeah fish but 100 degrees while sitting shoulder to shoulder with 110,000 others............

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:22 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
You week Northeners. 100 degree plus is pleasant when you live most of your adult live in North/South Carolina.

Yea but when it gets down to 60 you hicks start crying ice cubes... bounce

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I was also at an MSU game that was pretty damn hot. One of my buddies didn't exactly pass out but came close. (Of course alcohol had NOTHING to do with it!) Can't remember the year. All I remember was I sat in the shade of the south scoreboard. That was the BEST

I'm going to take a wild guess that this was the 1998 MSU game (Tom Brady's junior year) only because we played them in September that year. For some reason, Sparty was our conference opener...

The hottest game I've been to was probably the 2008 Utah game. RichRod's first game...we won't get into that. Although I don't remember the temperature being so extreme but more baking in the sun and having to wait until the 4th quarter for the shade to reach my section of seats.

The coldest game I went to was 2006 Northwestern. Dark, cloudy, rained most of the morning but pretty much held off during the game except for light sprinkle. I wore 3 layers of socks and I still thought my toes were going to freeze off. But I stayed for the entire game. That was the only time I parked at Pioneer High School. The following week, I attended the game against Brady Hoke's Ball State team and the weather was gorgeous. Parked on State Street that day and walked down the railroad tracks to the stadium. Didn't mind it at all because the weather was that good.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:00 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
...1998 MSU game (Tom Brady's junior year) only because we played them in September that year. For some reason, Sparty was our conference opener...

The reason was back in '98 sparty was about the same quality as a Mid-major MAC school so they blended in well... Wink

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:19 pm

IT probably was that 1998 game. I've been going to MSU/Michigan games for about 25 years. Don't remember a lot of them.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:58 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Don't remember a lot of them.

That's basically how I feel about every Michigan game I've been to since 2005.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Well, back in the day you could take drink in with you. Then you couldn't but they didn't bug you too much. then they started to clampdown on it hard.

Back when it was OK I barely remember most of the games. Just that I was there.

Now-a-days I have no trouble remembering most of the game. continuous 3 and outs get lost in the memory banks.

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:09 pm

The alcohol is a good enough excuse to not remember those games. For me however, I want to remember every detail of any game I go to from start to finish no matter who the opponent is, (unless they're losses.) I still get goosebumps just walking into that stadium. So I can't let the alcohol take that away from me. Not that I'm much of a drinker anyway.

Michigan is 25-3 when I am present for the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!   Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning MICHIGAN FANS!
Page 1 of 1