Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn Empty
PostSubject: 2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn   2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:28 am

Twitter was buzzing last evening that the President of Auburn has begun taking the necessary steps to give Chizik the boot.

They board has, according to sources, already met on the issue, and the firing is expected to take place within the next week or so.

Again, this is all from Twitter, but from heavy hitters in the CFB media, like Feldman, Forde, etc.

Admin
Admin
Admin

2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn   2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:35 am

ESPN hasn't picked up on this story yet, for whatever reason:

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/nov/08/report-auburn-president-prepping-fire-gene-chizik-ar-4925630/

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: 2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn   2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:34 pm

The hire was always puzzling. But then Auburn was able to buy that national championship through Cam Newton and his father so maybe they convinced themselves that Chizik could do it again.

Even with Chizik, it's surprising to see how bad Auburn has been this year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: 2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn   2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:37 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
But then Auburn was able to buy that national championship through Cam Newton and his father...

Reading that (and this thread overall), WH, I couldn't help but recall what our legendary coach said
in his book bearing his name ("BO"). I quote verbatim:

You can buy a national title if you want, but you'd better be prepared to get out of town as soon
as the parade is over.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn   2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Wow, great quote by Bo there.

And fish is right, that hire was very odd to begin with, coming from Iowa State.

stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: 2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn   2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:29 pm

The hire was indeed very strange, since he came off a really bad losing season at that "cradle of coaches", Iowa State.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn   2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:11 pm

It's amazing what happens to a team when they have their payroll cut down to 25% of what it was...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn   2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn Empty

Back to top Go down

2 Years Removed from a National Championship, Chizik is about to be OUT at Auburn
Page 1 of 1