Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat Empty
PostSubject: Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat   Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Amazing win by Michigan, you and i both know tey should have lost this game, unable to stop the option, turnovers in their own Redzone. Miracle catch, Sieve defense all day.[wow][/wow]

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat   Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Yea that is one of those games you just shake your head at. A bounce here or there and we lose. I really thought after Roundtree made that catch the clock would run out. He got up and celebrated, the line was 50 yds. down field. I was screaming at my tv to get lined up.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat   Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:16 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
I really thought after Roundtree made that catch the clock would run out. He got up and celebrated, the line was 50 yds. down field. I was screaming at my tv to get lined up.

Point taken, WMF, but isn't it somewhat moot? After all, so were at least the LINEMEN of NW's defense 50 yards downfield...and even after the ball is spotted, the refs don't wind the clock until all the players, both teams, are at least on the proper side of the line of scrimmage, no? So our lumbering linemen would only have to trot down the field to the pace of NW's defenders at their heels at the moment.

Gotta break for dinner...more comments later (FWTW...$0.32 being a fair guess).
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat   Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:23 pm

I am sure you are right Mike but when there are 8 seconds on the clock and I am already panicked seeing Roundtree get up and jump around instead of get into position i did not have a good feeling. The tv did not show what the linemen were doing.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat   Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:08 pm

The "chain-gang" needs to get down-field to mark the line of scrimmage before the clock can start. I'll take 300 lb. 20 year-olds over 180 lb. 45 year olds any day in a foot-race. After Hoke called that T/O just before the Northwestern False start on 4th down we deserved that break. Them's the break...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat   Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Yeah? How about over 170-pound 60 year olds? Depends on how far those 300# 20-somethings wanna run...LOL!!
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat   Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:55 pm

I'll take the win, even if it was lucky. We got screwed on that 4th and 1 drive earlier anyway.

Game was crazy. The weather was gorgeous. I took my coat off in the 1st quarter. I was surprised there was no flyover since this is Veteran's Day weekend. Pregame honored the Wistert brothers and the sole surviving brother, Al (now 91 years young) was wheeled out to the 50 yard line. The crowd roared for him and he had the biggest smile on his face. That was a great moment.

Almost every big play of the game happened right in our end zone. The first score, The Funches TD, the Roundtree catch, the game winning run by Gardner...I could almost reach out and touch them, that's how close I was.

Three times in this game, I thought we were sunk. I couldn't believe it when Roundtree made that catch. I was sulking in my seat, and when he came down with the ball, I shot out up and started screaming with everyone else. The crowd noise was unbelievable. Even though I felt like I was going to pass out, I screamed as loud as I could all during overtime. During the post game celebration, I looked to my right and saw Brady Hoke high-fiving students in their section. I'm too happy right now to even complain about the defense. I'll complain tomorrow or Monday.

I can't believe I've been present for 3 of the 4 overtime games at the big house: today, 2010-Illinois and 2004-MSU. The only one I missed was 2002-PSU when Chris Perry ran it in for the win.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat   Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat Empty

Back to top Go down

Michigan Able to grab Victory from hands of defeat
Page 1 of 1