Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night

Go down 
+4
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
Wolverdog
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night Empty
PostSubject: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 pm

So I went out with a few of my fraternity buddies last night here in Chicago.

We started at one of the other guy's place, and had some ladies there to party with us too.

Almost immediately, one of the girls and myself didn't click: she's from Columbus, went to OSU and is a diehard fan, clearly. I told her I was a Michigan fan, obviously, and we didn't click.

But, after a few more shots, we turned the pure disgust for each other into friendly picking, and from there, I got some very interesting information.

She told me she actually used to date a football player. She didn't say who at first, and I didn't want to act like I really gave a damn, so I didn't ask.

But then we got onto the subject of Urban Meyer, and things got good.

Apparently, the Buckeye players hate this guy. They loved Tressel. They were excited about the hiring of Urban, but they would have all taken Tressel over him. Immediately when Urban got on campus, the hard ass in him was evident. He came right in and started talking all kinds of crap about their team from 2011.

Then, the girl asked me if I follow their team very closely. I said yes. She said 'well do you remember the whole Jake Stoneburner thing about him peeing outside?". I told her I remembered that from over the summer, and she then admitted that that's the player she used to date.

Immediately after he was arrested, and before it went public, Meyer blasted the kid. She saw texts directly from Meyer to Stoneburner calling him "a disgrace to the program, himself and his own family". She (and I) thought it was ridiculous. The guy peed outside. EVERY GUY had peed outside.

But it wasn't just Stoneburner. In general, he's a complete asshole to everyone on the team, and the players simply don't care for him like they were all in for Tressel.

Oh, she also went into the whole "Buckeye players in Cbus get away with anything and everything." According to her, right before that Stoneburner incident, she was riding in a car with two players (no names given) and they were smoking pot. They got pulled over. Cops asked if they were smoking. Made the two guys get out of the front seats. Well, they were offensive linemen, so they were huge, and the cops knew right away that they were football players. They called four other police cars to the scene. What did all those cops do? Asked the two players what they thought about the upcoming season. Wrote them a bogus ticket for rolling through a stop sign, and they were gone.

___

Everything I said above is what came directly from her. How much of it's true? I don't know.

But she sure didn't sound like she was embellishing anything, and she knew way too much about the program to be able to just make all that up.

Interesting.

Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:54 pm

Wow. Not surprising I guess, but WOW.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Sounds about right. I had no idea that the players hated Meyer but I can actually draw a parallel. Back in 2007 sparty hockey was pretty sad, well not regular sad but they were sparty sad. As sparty hockey usually gets good players they had several future NHL players and a future Hobey Baker winner in Lerg. Basically everyone one the team was recruited by Ron Mason, and as much as I dislike the guy, is a good coach. Well, he stepped down from being the Hockey Coach to take the AD job. Rick Comley came in and took over the Hockey program. Comley has a different style than Mason and it really didn't work with Mason's recruits, it is even rumored that Comley told the upper-classmen that if it was up to him they still wouldn't be playing Hockey at sparty. sparty finished in fourth place in the league that year.

Then sparty received the last at-large bid for the NCAA Hockey tournament. Captain Justin Abdelkader (yes that Justin Abdelkader) had a players only team meeting. He basically said "Fuck Comley, let's do this on our own". sparty beeat Boston College that year in the Frozen Four National Title game and won their third National Championship in school history. The next year sparty finished last in the CCHA.

Moral of the story, when players unite and are inspired to play against a coach out of spite they are unstopable. However, that feeling of animosity can only last so long. I'm not worried about ohio next year, this year I am though. The ohio players will be both playing to spite urban and also playing because they can't go to a bowl game this year. An undefeated season is all that they can achieve.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 pm

So, the real story is, did you hit that?
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:28 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

LOL, leave it to a Marine to go there! Happy Veteran's Day fish.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:29 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Very Happy It's a bucknut, you have no idea where it hs been or what it has....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:40 pm

It doesn't matter where it was before as long as she looks good. You can wrap it up.

Plus, Admin is recently single, so he might want some strange.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Hate seems like a strong word. They sure are playing good for him even if they don't like him. That said, he did not recruit many of the players on the team, so i suppose there may be some that are not happy. Still winning cures all.

As for the cover ups in C-bus that does not surprise me. I recently got some information about the kid who cut his foot outside of his "dorm." The public didn't get the whole story on that one either.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:58 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Admin is recently single, so he might want some strange.
\

^5 for the Two and a Half Men reference....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:56 am

Admin, blame it all on COLLEGE SPORTS. Eh???

(Genders reversed, of course).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liNBAvdfakg
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: The idea of"Strange"   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:57 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
\

Has been around a lot longer than 2-1/2 men though.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:28 pm

No I didn't hit that one...I went with the better looking girl who was also with us Saturday (not that this OSU chick wasn't hot, with unbelievably large breasts...but not much ass and, as I said, I was making a run at a better looking one - which I did take down).

As to Willie's point, "hate" may be strong. They are certainly terrified of him, and according to her, were excited about the hire (because they knew they'd improve), but immediately a buildup of fear and just distaste began.

Who knows, perhaps they'll fall in the love with the guy before its all said and done.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:51 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
\

Has been around a lot longer than 2-1/2 men though.

I'll give ya that but we all aren't as old as you Joe so how would we know? Razz

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Fickell after this season- I'm guessing he will not return.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Why will he leave shoes? Fired or another job offer? I have heard others same the same thing about him.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:33 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Why will he leave shoes? Fired or another job offer? I have heard others same the same thing about him.

From what I think, and this is just me with no sources or anything, but I think he was retained by Urban to keep the peace. I think a lot of players loved him, and if Urban let him go, there may have been a mass exodus. He was given the title of Co-coordinator, which tells me Urban has his own guy that he wants really filling the job. I think Fick will look around for opportunities to run the defense, but he may get some offers as a HC from a non-BCS team.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Yea the Co thing is weird. I wonder if they would fire him though. Might be tough still.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:02 pm

Willie- got that from an OSU friend who generally seems wired into the program. He says Urban did not want to retain him but it was strongly suggested that he do so. The defensive coaching has suffered from unclear leadership lines and now Urban feels he doesn't need Fickell as a recruiter.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Wow. That guy has gotten shit on by that university if they do him like that. I kind of hope he ends up back in the B1G.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night   Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night Empty

Back to top Go down

Semi OT: Very interesting conversation last night
Page 1 of 1