Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Miggy MVP.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OT:  Miggy MVP. Empty
PostSubject: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm glad those stupid sabermetric nerds got it wrong, and real people who watch baseball got it right.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:42 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'm glad those stupid sabermetric nerds got it wrong, and real people who watch baseball got it right.

Sabermetric nerds= guys who got cut from their High School Junior Varsity team...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:56 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Sabermetric nerds= guys who got cut from their High School Junior Varsity team...

You are probably right. Brian Kenny says "Tigers were 18-13 in Sep/Oct, and the other 24 players had an impact on that, it wasn't just Cabrera", then he says "The Angels had a better record in Sep/Oct at 19-11" as part of his argument for Trout. Did he even watch the games?
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Man ESPN is not happy about this...but hey screw them
Back to top Go down
TheBigHouse

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:24 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
Man ESPN is not happy about this...but hey screw them

I so agree with you. Cabrera deserved to be MVP.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Most of the MLB network guys say it was right, but those guys are former players and managers.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 am

He won the fucking Triple Crown. How many times had that happened in history? It would have been a travesty of he didn't....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 8:53 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
He won the fucking Triple Crown. How many times had that happened in history? It would have been a travesty of he didn't....

2nd, I could not have posed a more tenable argument for Miggy if I tried. His MVP detractors are, in keeping with your ahem, vernacular, fucking morons. Geezus, when was the last time any player in
either league won the TC? Granted that dingers and RBIs generally go hand-in-hand, but sure as hell not
batting average. It's almost always the Rod Carew/Pete Rose/Derek Jeter/Tony Gwynn types who win batting titles; some power sure, but not nearly enough to lead the league in homers. And to lead the league in the long ball as well as the "short ball" (read: consistency) is so difficult as to explain why it happens maybe once every two generations.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:45 am

I don't always agree with Mitch Albom, but he hit the nail on the head here.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121116/COL01/311160108/detroit-tigers-miguel-cabrera-mvp-award?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Well, I'll try to shed a little light on why Trout recveived so much press. He plays in Southern California, those people are so used to being loved and getting their way that it is absurd. 'eggo knows. They think that the world revolves around them. When I went to California to see my buddy out there we also went to a couple Tiger/Angels game. The ENTIRE stadium was in-love with Mike Trout. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player but if he ever wins a Triple Crown I become a sparty fan. Trout is big time into thetrics too. He was jumping for balls thyat he didn't have to, not running as fast as he could have to get to fly balls just so he had to "turn on the afterburners" in the last 25 feet and/or dive to make a routine play. The guy does hustle and I greatly admire him for that. But watch, after he signs his ten year, $150 Million dollar deal the hustling and theatrics will stop. He'll bounce around a little bit and eventuall become A-Rod.

Some band-geek out of Stanford came up with Sabermetrics is my guess. Don't forget, statistics can be manipulated.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Miggy MVP.   OT:  Miggy MVP. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Miggy MVP.
Page 1 of 1