Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harbaugh's heart

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Harbaugh's heart Empty
PostSubject: Harbaugh's heart   Harbaugh's heart EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:55 pm

"Jim Harbaugh was sent to the hospital Thursday for a "minor procedure" after doctors discovered he had an irregular heartbeat."

Hope he's ok. Seems like he will be according to the article on ESPN I read. I hope he doesn't coach himself into the ground and burn out to fast. It'd be a shame seeings how he seems to be really good at what he's doing.

fishgoblue22

Harbaugh's heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh's heart   Harbaugh's heart EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:56 pm

I'm certainly not a Dr, but minor and heart don't seem to go hand in hand.

Hope he is ok.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

Harbaugh's heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh's heart   Harbaugh's heart EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:02 pm

I think it was mentioned that he has an irregular heartbeat. Usually that can be connected to cardiomyopathy, which a person of any age can get, no matter what your occupation or stress level is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Harbaugh's heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh's heart   Harbaugh's heart EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 pm

To piggy-back on both 'fish and WH yes it was an irregular heart-beat. Yes that "can" be repaired easilyas evidenced by Harbaugh's attending practice today BUT it is the heart, IMHO messing around with it is risky business. I too hope and pray that the guy feels no adverse affects of this.

This actually brings up a point which I'd like to make. Medical technology is so advanced that we are living too long. The human body can only operate a certain number of years before it stops working correctly, after that it can be seen as cruel to enable the person to live in a state of not actually living. I guess I'll share a bit of my Father's story. He can't walk, think, control his bladder, much of anything really. He was really depressed, basically his entire life, but now they have him on anti-depressents. He's chipper and happy now, granted he thinks that he is in a school one day, a ski resort the next, an airport waiting for a flight the next, and so on but is that any quality of life? I mean he can't stand up, yet he always tries to get up whenever anyone comes to see him (which is daily), sits in his adult-diapers all day, has conversations with people who aren't there, and makes no logical sense. I love the man but t is difficult to see, at times I wonder but always quickly respond to myself "I want him alive" but is that actually the best thing? I know that I will miss him greatly when he finally leaves but is this actually cruel to have him endure this evenn though he doesn't know what is going on? Alzheimerirs is a bitch....

Oh yea, so that you can see a connection here with medical advances he had a quarduple by-pass 20 years ago?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

Harbaugh's heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh's heart   Harbaugh's heart EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:01 am

2nd coming of Bo, simliar story with my aunt. She died in july of 09' at age of 87. Up to age 75 she was cutting her own yard, btw she lived on 2 acres. She had her glass of J & B scotch every single nite for 50/55 straight yrs, not making that up. By the summer of 06', she started repeating herself, but she would catch it, her comment I'm going coocoo! we both laughed it off. She was still driving, but not so well, sister & I tried to have that talk about giving up driving. That didn't go so well. My aunt was never afraid to express herself.

Jump to fall of 07', got home from M game, found 25 messages on anwsering machine. My aunt had left 24 of them. Later that fall, she called, her speech was slured, not making any sense. I thought she had a stroke, drove over only 15 mins away, she was shit faced drunk!!! Probably didn't remember she already had a drink.

Now by early spring 08', Alzhiemers had taken over, though she still would have her good days. Bo, like you said, wearing diapers, having 24/7 nursing care, moving to a nursing home. The last 6 months where hell, taking shit load of meds. She asked a nurse, please can I have my scotch? The nurse said yes, nurse figured she was 87, whats the difference. That put a smile on her face.

I know original post was about Harbaugh, sorry if my post was to long. Anyway GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Harbaugh's heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh's heart   Harbaugh's heart EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 5:25 am

No, thank you for the post booboo, a lot of what you said rings true with my old man.

It's nice knowing that I'm not the only one going through this (well, I knew that I wasn't but it's still nice to know that I'm not alone). Yep, alcohol kills the brain...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harbaugh's heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh's heart   Harbaugh's heart Empty

Back to top Go down

Harbaugh's heart
Page 1 of 1