Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM?? Empty
PostSubject: Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM??   Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM?? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Very proud of these kids. Took the charge from Arki and responded. Go Blue! That being said, has the B1G turned into a basketball conference? 6 teams in the top 25?? Meanwhile the Football side has only 4 teams in the top 25. I hope the football teams begin matching the basketball teams.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM??   Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM?? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

We are the SEC of basketball. Conference play will be brutal.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM??   Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM?? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:56 pm

don't mean to be a a debbie-downer but the one area that worries me is our depth at point gaurd. Albrecht seems like a scrapper but he's no trey burke. at times I feel like if Burke wasn't out there we might be in some trouble. Other than that I liked horford's play off the bench and I also like the fact that we don't seem to be living and dying by the 3 this year.

here are a few points though that I've taken away from our first 9 games...

- trey burke is everything he has been advertise to be and more.

- Stauskas is ice cold. That guy can shoot.

- Morgan has really transformed his body in the off season and I really think he'll be able to handle the physical conference play down the stretch. I'm not saying he's on Sullinger's or Nix's level but if he would have been in this shape last year we could have swept both MSU and OSU.

- speaking of bodies... GR3 damn near has a NBA body. He certainly has the frame and he's only going to get bigger and better.

- I'm not that knowledgeable with BBall strategies or plays but I'd like to see Morgan and McGary play together a lot more. I like our athleticism but I feel like they could play two big guys down low a lot more. and although we did really well on the boards today, I watched the carrier classic between san diego st and syracuse earlier this year and we are no where near the rebounding team that syracuse is and that could be a real weak point come tournament time. with mcgary and morgan in it would greatly enhance our rebounding and second shot chances.

other than that I'm really excited to see how far we get in the tourney this year. I think we have a legit shot at the final four.

thoughts???

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM??   Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM?? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:03 am

Eh... No one plays with Arkansas's tempo. Burke will be able to play 97% of the minutes. He played a ton last year. He should be ok.

Morgan drives me nuts. He does some good things but for every good thing he does something stupid. Like today where he goes up for a fairly uncontested rebound and he lets it slip though his hands and go out of bounds. He's better than he has been in years past but still not that good IMO. Keep an eye on him and I am sure you will see what I am talking about.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM??   Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM?? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 3:42 pm

sandyego, you make some good points, but regarding Burke. He's one of the best point guards in the country, any team would suffer if they lost someone like that. I personally hope JB can keep his minutes to below 35 per game by spelling him with Albrecht and/or Levert. I think we had to overplay him last year and he hit a wall the last month of the season.

I'd like to see more of the two bigs at once, and see Horford play more in general, but knowing JB, I just don't think we'll see a ton of it this year. The offense bogs down at times with the two bigs out there, and I don't think JB likes that. We are a better defensive and rebounding team with that lineup though.

It's nice that they don't have to rely on the three as much this year. It should make us less vulnerable to the offensive droughts that have sometimes hurt us in prior years. Ironically, we're shooting by far our best % from three under Beilein. I think it's due to the combination of having Stauskas' lights out shooting and not having to force threes as much when the offense bogged down.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM??   Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM?? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 am

The other thing I've noticed is that this team hasn't played a bad game yet this year. In past years they would always have a couple non-conference games where they were challenged by inferior opponents, but they've really been putting the pedal down against bad teams this year. They've had a couple of games where they had big leads shrink very late in the game, but it never felt like they were in danger of losing. Arkansas actually made a couple of runs in the 2nd half but we responded both times and pulled away. Also, I felt like it was more because Arkansas was playing well than we were playing poorly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM??   Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wow!! Is it me, or does UM have a good BBall TEAM??
Page 1 of 1