Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Personel Changes

Go down 
+3
joe
GOBLUEJOE66
WillieMfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Jerald Robinson has left the team.

Norfleet is practicing as a DB.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Good read from mgoblog on the disaster that is the 2010 recruiting class:

By Brian — December 14th, 2012 at 6:45 PM — 2 comments
Filed under: jerald robinson transfers 2010 recruiting

this was not a catch

Well, it finally happened: Jerald Robinson has left the team after two years of practice hype did not translate into playing time. Michigan returns Drew Dileo and Jeremy Gallon, but in non-short-guy receivers the only returning experience is Jeremy Jackson. Darboh, Chesson, and whichever freshmen come in will have to pick it up fast.
Robinson is now the 15th member of the 27-strong 2010 class to exit. The departed:
Conelius Jones (never showed up, academics)
Carvin Johnson (played a bit, but transferred midway through Hoke year one)
Cullen Christian (torched as a freshman, followed Tony Gibson to Pitt)
Demar Dorsey (academics)
Terrence Talbott (left team before fall for mysterious reasons)
Ray Vinopal (same as Christian)
Terry Talbott (injury)
Antonio Kinard (never showed up, academics)
Davion Rogers (never showed up, academics)
Christian Pace (injury)
Stephen Hopkins (moved to FB, injured a bit, quit football)
Austin White (booted off team almost before showing up)
Ricardo Miller (gave up football after not finding PT)
Jerald Robinson (presumed transfer after not finding PT)
DJ Williamson (didn't like football, quit)
What a disaster. Jackson and Dileo are the only WRs left from the five Michigan brought in; Michigan has no other offensive recruits left from that class other than Devin Gardner. There's not much on defense, either: Jibreel Black, Courtney Avery, and Jake Ryan are the only contributors. You are permitted to go poke your Rodriguez voodoo dolls now.
As for the future: Michigan now has a full 25 spots in the current class without anyone else leaving. Lewan is headed to the draft and Michigan's sudden urgency to recruit an additional linebacker or two probably indicates attrition is on its way there, so expect this class to bulge up to 27-28 when all is said and done. Sam Webb suggested on the radio today that Michigan could take up to seven more players from their current total of 21/22, give or take the longsnapper.

I'd expect Green/Dawson/some LB/Delano Hill as four of them, with randoms making up the remainder.

Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 8:35 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Good read from mgoblog on the disaster that is the 2010 recruiting class:

By Brian — December 14th, 2012 at 6:45 PM — 2 comments
Filed under: jerald robinson transfers 2010 recruiting

this was not a catch

Well, it finally happened: Jerald Robinson has left the team after two years of practice hype did not translate into playing time. Michigan returns Drew Dileo and Jeremy Gallon, but in non-short-guy receivers the only returning experience is Jeremy Jackson. Darboh, Chesson, and whichever freshmen come in will have to pick it up fast.
Robinson is now the 15th member of the 27-strong 2010 class to exit. The departed:
Conelius Jones (never showed up, academics)
Carvin Johnson (played a bit, but transferred midway through Hoke year one)
Cullen Christian (torched as a freshman, followed Tony Gibson to Pitt)
Demar Dorsey (academics)
Terrence Talbott (left team before fall for mysterious reasons)
Ray Vinopal (same as Christian)
Terry Talbott (injury)
Antonio Kinard (never showed up, academics)
Davion Rogers (never showed up, academics)
Christian Pace (injury)
Stephen Hopkins (moved to FB, injured a bit, quit football)
Austin White (booted off team almost before showing up)
Ricardo Miller (gave up football after not finding PT)
Jerald Robinson (presumed transfer after not finding PT)
DJ Williamson (didn't like football, quit)
What a disaster. Jackson and Dileo are the only WRs left from the five Michigan brought in; Michigan has no other offensive recruits left from that class other than Devin Gardner. There's not much on defense, either: Jibreel Black, Courtney Avery, and Jake Ryan are the only contributors. You are permitted to go poke your Rodriguez voodoo dolls now.
As for the future: Michigan now has a full 25 spots in the current class without anyone else leaving. Lewan is headed to the draft and Michigan's sudden urgency to recruit an additional linebacker or two probably indicates attrition is on its way there, so expect this class to bulge up to 27-28 when all is said and done. Sam Webb suggested on the radio today that Michigan could take up to seven more players from their current total of 21/22, give or take the longsnapper.

I'd expect Green/Dawson/some LB/Delano Hill as four of them, with randoms making up the remainder.

WOW....did not have a clue just how bad the 2010 class was....and the JACKASS brought the NCAA on campus and put UM on probation!! What a twit!!!! (trying to be nice!!!) lol

Go Blue and see ya in Tampa!! Smile
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:33 am

RR put us on our own little scholarship probation didn't he? That's as bad as PSU and USC got. Only this one was (ouch) self inflicted.

Admin
Admin

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Jesus what a disaster.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:00 am

Word around twitter tonight is we will be without a key defensive player for the bowl game. People are speculating this is why Norfleet has switched to defense. Keep your eyes and ears out for more information.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 7:02 am

Crap, if that is the case, it has to be Taylor. Hurt or not eligible?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:25 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Crap, if that is the case, it has to be Taylor. Hurt or not eligible?

Regardless of who it it, I am guessing grades, but that is just me.

go Blue and see ya in Tampa!! Smile
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:23 am

Looking worse than I imagined. JT Floyd, Will Hagerup & Brandin Hawthorne kicked off the Mich. Football team 2 weeks before the bowl game.

This is the latest that I am hearing. No official reputable source yet but it looks like Floyd and Hagerup deleted their Twitter accounts.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:25 am

Just saw that too. Hawthorne not a big loss. Hagerup is solid, but Wile is capable. Floyd hurts bad. That really sucks. Wonder what they did.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:26 pm

This is absolutely shocking!. I can't imagine what these three did to get the boot. I know Hagerup has had some trouble in the past and it was rumored (I REPEAT RUMORED so don't quote me on that) that it was a failed drug test.

Also , isn't this supposed to be Hawthorne and Floyd's last game anyway? Plus JT Floyd is from South Carolina so the bowl game could have been something special that he was looking forward to. To me this seems a lot bigger than they are making it on the surface.

I can't wait to hear what the hell happened.

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: RR recruiting neglect!   Personel Changes EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:26 pm

Goes back to my posts last year about RR and his neglect on recrutiing/ST/Defense. Second two were obvious but I kept battling 'shoes about not getting the right recruits for the B10 and he pointed to a ranking that was, as we now see, superficial. It was this not improving and another year of gerg that turned me that final year back to the "fire Hermann" mode I had been trying to avoid with RR.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:21 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I can't wait to hear what the hell happened.

Well, unless someone from the media can get a source to tell him, we'll never know what it actually was. Just rumors.

But, my guess is a failed drug test.

Hagerup has been suspended multiple times....I think this is his FOURTH suspension of his career.

Then you had a couple seniors who figured "screw it, I'm getting high tonight bruh. I'm a senior. Would they really boot me before my last game?"

Yes, sir, they would and did.

Again, purely speculating here.

Sponsored content

Personel Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personel Changes   Personel Changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Personel Changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: