Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Christmas gifts.

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
ThatGuy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Best Christmas gifts. Empty
PostSubject: Best Christmas gifts.   Best Christmas gifts. EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:16 pm

The gift that I received the gift that I will nominate for this award I actualy received in my stocking. It was a rubber-brick, that way when I get pissed over a stupid play or a bad call I won't break the TV when I throw the "brick" at it.

At my sister's new in-law's party (she got married 2 months ago) we had a white-elephant gift exchange. My gift won that, yeah! I didn't even have to claim it, everyone knew it was me. It was an 8x10 picture frame with a close up of me with my mouth wide-open. It was even funnier because the ink-cartridge on my printer began running low on ink half-way through printing the picture. On second thought it doesn't sound that funny on here. I guess you had to be there?

Anyway, Go Blue! Hopefully I don't have to use my "brick" during The Outback Bowl...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Best Christmas gifts.   Best Christmas gifts. EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Got an old fashioned popcorn cart for my man cave. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Christmas gifts.   Best Christmas gifts. EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:58 pm

That's awesome, fish.

I didn't get anything crazy, but a $200 Visa giftcard sure was nice.

Couple new books, some new jeans, a couple shirts....the usual, but all definitely needed.

I'm happy, no doubt about it.

I bought my mother a Kindle, amongst other things. She's a huge reader (finishes a book every other day). I think she's pretty excited about it. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with her today while I was at work helping her get her first couple of books downloaded onto it.

All in all, a great holiday.

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Best Christmas gifts.   Best Christmas gifts. EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:12 pm

My brother, 2 cousins, uncle, and I opened our matching presents at my Grandmas. First, a gift card to Golden Corale. That didn't make sense because we don't have a Golden Corale within 3 hours of our town. Then, a picture of a hotel suite that sleeps 6. Then a ticket for Michigan @ Wisconsin basketball Feb. 9th. My parents bought us all tickets, got us gas cards, paid for the hotel room, and paid for our meal at the Golden Corale along the way. My parents don't have a lot of money, so this was a really big deal.

I have a really good friend on the UM football team, so I've been to a handful of football games, but this will be my first UM Basketball game. Looking forward to it.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Best Christmas gifts.   Best Christmas gifts. EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:18 pm

That's great hail. Have fun.

We got our mother a kindle this year too admin. She seems excited about it.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Best Christmas gifts.   Best Christmas gifts. EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:54 am

I got a panoramic view picture of last years Sugar Bowl that was taken right above where our seats were. I liked it alot because it basically showed my view of the game that day...and we won so that makes it that much better.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Hey Fish?   Best Christmas gifts. EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:34 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Got an old fashioned popcorn cart for my man cave. Perfect.

Take a picture of that bad boy and post it please! bounce

I thought about that for my dad but mom and dad were pretty adament that they didn't want ANYTHING.

My mom and dad buy popcorn at Sam's Club. They get a 50 pound bag. Yes, 50 POUNDS! It only costs them about $18.00 I think. And they supply me and another brother. It all started as, sort of, a gag gift. My wife and I got it for him for Father's Day one year. We haven't stopped getting it since. It lasts and is really good ACT IV brand or whatever the number is. It pops REALLY well!

Dad LOVES popcorn as do all us brothers. We didn't have a lot of money growing up and popcorn was cheap. We ate it so often we never washed the popper. It was an electric one with oil and Every night we had popcorn. I still love it to this day.

And do you know that you are in popcorn Haven down there? Actually a little northwest of you is a town named Monon. Silos and silos of popcorn. And Orville Reddenbacher was from Valparaiso!

Yeah fish, you just hit a soft spot!. Thanks! Very Happy

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Best Christmas gifts.   Best Christmas gifts. EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:52 am

I love popcorn as well. Nothing like really popping it. Better than microwave. When I was about 11 or 12 I got an air popper for Christmas from my mother. I remember those poppers with the lid. Orville's popcorn popped the lid right off. Remember that commercial.

I'll have to check out Monon. There is a Monon trail that runs from here through Carmel, IN.

Fired up the new popper last night. Works great. I didn't clean it out, when I should have, went down stairs last night, and my son was watching a movie and chomping on some popcorn. He said, "don't worry dad, I cleaned it out". Which meant he ate the rest of the corn in the machine.

I'll take a picture and upload it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Christmas gifts.   Best Christmas gifts. Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Christmas gifts.
Page 1 of 1