Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Numbergate?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Numbergate? Empty
PostSubject: Numbergate?   Numbergate? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 am

Did anyone hear about Spurrier bitching about Michigan's number changes? i.e.-Kovacs It was mentioned during the game. A little later Tirico/Gruden made a comment about SC having a couple number changes just prior to the bowl game and how that was making it hard for them to identify players. I am not sure if this was Spurrier's way of getting back at Michigan or what.

Did any of you notice these remarks during the game?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Numbergate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Numbergate?   Numbergate? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 7:12 am

The mentioned 2 players from SC had changed numbers, and they mentioned that the "maize" numbers on the jerseys were hard to read from the booth, but that was it.

Nothing at all about Kovacs. His number was changed months ago. Non-issue, never mentioned.

It wasn't mentioned like it was a problem from either team, they just brought it up as informational.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Numbergate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Numbergate?   Numbergate? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 am

First let me clarify-I am not saying this was major scandal or anything. Certainly it was not something that anyone can claim had an impact on the outcome of the game. I was just wondering if anyone else heard about Spurrier's comments and the fact that SC had changed a couple of numbers. Why would SC change numbers just before the game? That's not typical. Seemed like it was out of spite or something.

I agree that Michigan's numbers being a non-issue. As you said they were changed several games ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Numbergate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Numbergate?   Numbergate? Empty

Back to top Go down

Numbergate?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: