Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: O'brien

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

OT: O'brien Empty
PostSubject: OT: O'brien   OT: O'brien EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:16 am

So apparently O'brien did meet with the Browns on their vacancy after reaffirming several weeks ago that he was in it for the long haul. According to some reports PSU was so concerned he was leaving that they lined up potential candidates to interview for his replacement. He is now saying, again, that he not going anywhere. Well it appears he is not going anywhere because a wealthy booster is giving him 1.3 mil for 2013.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2013/01/03/bill-obrien-stays-at-penn-state-with-help-from-billionaire-booster/?utm_campaign=forbestwittersf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I have been a big fan of O'brien's this year. He disk an amazing job holding things together inspire of the turmoil in Happy Valley. He has been adament to players to stay at PSU to help rebuild the program, while stressing he is going no where. I can't help but think O'brien is full of shit. He sure has talked the talk but then interviews elsewhere. Now he claims he is staying put once again BUT with another 1.3 mil waiting for him. Hard to think his return is for any reason other than money.

Now we all know CFB is a business. O'brien is free to whatever he wants. That said I have lost some respect for the guy. If I was a PSU fan I would not feel to good about him sticking it out. What happens if no one lines his pockets in 2014? I also hope recruits and players see through his bullshit and do what's best for them. I wouldn't want to be the only one left holding the PSU flag.

Sorry slow news day. I thought I would share this story and my thoughts on it. I feel like O'brien is getting a lot of credit for staying around through all of this. I just think squeezing another 1.3 mil takes some of the nobelness out of it.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: O'brien   OT: O'brien EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:22 am

No nobleness needed. His pitch to the players was 1 year. Stay for 1 year. I see no problem with him shopping around.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: O'brien   OT: O'brien EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 am

I guess I missed the 1 year mantra. I am not sure of why he was preaching that.

I guess I am still roll my eyes at this since ESPN's quoting him as saying (I am paraphrasing) that he is not a one and done coach and he is honoring his commitment. Why even interview for the NFL? Why the pay increase?

He wants players to play at PSU for the love of the university. They have no bowl game to look forward to. they do not get paid to play. I think he says one thing and then does another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: O'brien   OT: O'brien Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: O'brien
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: