Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so...

Go down 
+2
wshoes
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so... Empty
PostSubject: I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so...   I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:14 pm

I took the Ohio loss very badly.

I mean, VERY badly.

And the last-minute debacle that was New Year's Day, I'd just rather not even speak of it.

Anyway, I've been perusing through some of the more recent posts regarding the forum.

It is open to anybody, at this point.

We had re-voted on this topic a couple months back, and we have seen some rival fans join. So far, seems like there hasn't been any trouble.

For any confusion, the address is mgoforum.forumotion.com

Be careful, that forumotion can be tricky for there's just ONE 'm' in there.

As for donning someone a co-admin...I basically did that in the second week this site went operational. There are currently two Moderators for this forum. They have about 95% of the capabilities that I have. They're always here, but they post under their regular names. They'll only post as Mods if they have to. You'll never know who they are, which is the right thing. Their moderating and their everyday comments are two separate things, for the most part. If we get to the point to where we need more mods (in which I ask the current mods to please just let me know if/when this happens), we'll do it. If/when that time comes, there I will make contact with one/a couple posters I feel would be able to help us out effectively.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I hope the first week of the new year has treated you well.

We'll talk soon.

As always, Go Blue!

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so...   I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 pm

This is a good time to say thanks again for putting this together and that to my unsophisticated eye (and experience with a small handful of other forums) , noting that this one is really well done.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so...   I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm with you shoes. This forum has been great. Thanks admin.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so...   I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:01 pm

To really appreciate how great this place is, check out the new version of the old forum at Mlive...garbage, at best.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so...   I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:24 pm

yeah dwoody, its like a bad habit I can't kick.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: I find myself    I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:46 pm

wshoes wrote:
yeah dwoody, its like a bad habit I can't kick.

'shoes

going there less and less every day.

Haven't posted there in several days.

It's lived out it's useful life I guess.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so...   I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so... EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Thanks, guys.

Don't mention it lol.

It was a random Saturday morning in the spring that I decided to revolt against MLive. In fact, I'm almost positive I was still inebriated from the night before.

I began looking around for free hosting sites, and I stumbled across this in my stupor.

Two hours later, the basics/format had been set.

Slowly, over the next month or so, we grew from one weirdo admin to about 50-70 members. I watched it everyday, like my baby.

I'm proud to see where we are now.

Wouldn't be here without you all.

If I ever start making money from this thing (which has never been the intention and never will be), I'll pass along some dividends. haha cheers

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so...   I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so... EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 am

yep.... this forum may have been the best thing about the season.

PostSubject: Re: I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so...   I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so... Empty

Back to top Go down

I apologize for being MIA for the last month or so...
Page 1 of 1