Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? Empty
PostSubject: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:39 am

We're having a season to be very excited about and there is not much chatter.

I hope in tonights game that the bench including the end of the bench, gets a lot of minutes and that all of the rotation guys have relatively shortened but productive playing time, while staying healthy.

Was encouraged to see Horford dress for the last game, hope is return is not far off, as we have a killer 9 game stretch beginning Sunday.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 am

Should be another blow out. Nebraska isn't good. Then it gets really interesting. OSU on the road, Minn on the road, Purdue at home, then ILL on the road. Should be able to handle Purdue. Hopefully they can win 2 of the other three. I'm not really impressed with OSU, but Minn is really good.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 am

I would have to check the stats but my sense is that we have a solid record against Minny since Beilein and Tubby took over the programs. I recall a huge win at the Barn late in Beilein's second season when it was probably a make or break to ending our NCAA tourney drought.

I do also remember our Spartan friends telling us when both hires were made that we got the worst of it by far. I'm happy with how it has turned out.

That said we both seem to have our most talented teams during each coaches's respective tenures with these schools and long term it has been very tough to win up there.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:58 am

I'm certainly a fan of our hoops team, 'Shoes. And will be watching tonight...though our equalling the school's best-ever start of 16-0 is a foregone conclusion vs. Nebraska. As you say, let's empty the bench...but not
Horford, unless that knee is 100% (I'm hoping).

As for "our Spartan friends telling us...<we were screwed>" followed by your "I'm happy with how it has turned out"...isn't that the usual progression of events? Sparty fans' prognosti....er, flatulent emanations...

Kind of like legendary old baseball manager Walt Alston once phrased it: "Whenever a tight spot, crucial situation, arose in a game, I'd listen to what the radio announcer suggested...and then do the opposite."
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:59 am

Tubby is a great coach, but I'm happy with Beilein too. Minn is really good this year, especially at home.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:19 am

Mike- you mean Walter wouldn't take the advice of the great Vin Scully? I remember Alston as having taken something like 18 or 19 consecutive one year contracts eschewing multi-year deals.

Of course the players were all under year at a a time contracts then too. I remember the Tigers cutting Rocky Colavitos' 1963 contract after the 1962 season because it was not as good as his 1961 season. On paper true but taking into account how the whole leagues' offense fell off from 61 to 62 the Rock's year in 62 relative to the rest of the league was still awfully good.

He held out, had his worst year in 1963 and was traded for Jerry Lumpe and Dave Wickersham. We also traded Jim Bunning to the Phillies making this young Tigers fan very unhappy.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Shoes---Alston was content to sign twenty-three one-year contracts. Talk about a guy who didn't worry about what tomorrow might bring...and this in one of the world's less-secure professions.

Back to hoops, good to see one of our tougher victims, Pitt, lambast Georgetown...on the road. Helps ensure our RPI will keep us headed toward a No.1 NCAA seed.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:54 pm

I am a fan Shoes!! I also share your dissapointment in the lack of people posting when we have the #2 team in the country. It has taken forever for the program to recover and now that they have, I, for one am loving every minute of it. Football is my #1 sport but still support Michigan regardless of the sport.

Tonight should be a massacre. Keep the women and children away from the tv.

I cannot wait until Saturday. I think we beat Ohio in their Value City Arena. Sounds fancy doesn't it? Minny concerns me a little.

The Minn-Illinois game should be a good one to watch tonight.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Football is my #1 sport but still support Michigan regardless of the sport.

Amen, Bro'...!!

Shit, back in 2005 (I think it was), when our girls were in the college softball WS, after hearing/seeing my reaction during and after every game, particularly the final, the missus asked: "Since when are you such a crazy fan of women's softball???"

And my elation over our 1998 hockey team winning it all was only slightly less than that following our football team's performance of months earlier. (OK, maybe more than slightly...in that case).
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:30 pm

I was pretty pumped for the girls v-ball team this year. Would love to see Michigan win the sports directors cup before I die.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Ahem...I'm usually pretty "pumped", interpret as you will, while watching any girls' college volleyball team play...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?   Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gee aren't any of you guys basketball fans?
Page 1 of 1