Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shit's about to get real...

Go down 
+2
jjabilene
WillieMfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Shit's about to get real... Empty
PostSubject: Shit's about to get real...   Shit's about to get real... EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:10 am

Tough stretch ahead. Michigan's next 9: at OSU, at Minn, v. Pur, at Ill, v. NWestern, at IU, v. OSU, at Wisc, at MSU
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Shit's about to get real...   Shit's about to get real... EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Yep, that's a crazy hard stretch. Luckily, we've already got lots of money in the bank. It will be good for this team to face some serious adversity. Nothing like playing on the road in the big ten to toughen up a team.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Shit's about to get real...   Shit's about to get real... EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:16 pm

I think its important to get 1 of the next 2 to establish that we can beat a good team on the road. Hope Horford is coming along.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Shit's about to get real...   Shit's about to get real... EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:21 pm

wshoes wrote:
I think its important to get 1 of the next 2 to establish that we can beat a good team on the road. Hope Horford is coming along.

'shoes

I really don't think O$U would be as quality of a win as Minny would. Minny looks way better than O$U right now. I don't think O$U has the scoring options or the depth to run with us. The rivalry aspect is the only thing that makes the O$U game intriguing for me. Minny looks good at home (and on the road for that matter). I'd take a Minny win over an O$U win at this point. Although I would HATE to lose to O$U.

Belein and our young squad can put Matta, Izzo and the rest of the B1G on the ropes this year. Let's hope we make it happen.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Shit's about to get real...   Shit's about to get real... EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Not trading an Ohio win. No way. The good news is we don's even have to make that trade. Just win them both. Very Happy

I do not have a lot of hope for Horford. He seems like one of those guys that may have to hang it up due to injury. Coach B was taking it slow with him this season and he still got heart. I am not sure if anyone noticed but Horford did not even play in the Bradley game. They play on a ice rink and I am sure he was nervous about the floor being slippery. Still he ends up hurt.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Shit's about to get real...   Shit's about to get real... EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:27 pm

If I had to pick one to win? Minnesota, absolutely.

What is your goal, Willie? To beat OSU or to win the conference? If Minnesota beats us they take over the drivers seat for the Big Ten Title. Ohio State doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell regardless if they beat us or not.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Shit's about to get real...   Shit's about to get real... EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Atleast we don't have Wisconsin's stretch:

vs Illinois
@ Indiana
@ Iowa
vs Michigan St.
vs Minnesota
@ Ohio St.
@ Illinois
vs Iowa
vs Michigan
@ Minnesota
vs Ohio St.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Shit's about to get real...   Shit's about to get real... EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 10:52 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

What is your goal, Willie? To beat OSU or to win the conference? If Minnesota beats us they take over the drivers seat for the Big Ten Title. Ohio State doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell regardless if they beat us or not.

Good question. I did not say I did not want to beat Minny, just that I did not want the trade off. I still believe a sweep against Ohio is doable. Minnesota is a coin flip and will be much tougher. You have to win the games you can to be in the running at the end. I believe the conference winner will have 2-3 losses minimum. So the Minnesota game is really only one part of the equation, albeit an important one.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Shit's about to get real...   Shit's about to get real... EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Well, Minny is getting smoked by Indi and Duke might end up losing to NC State. UM has a great shot to be #1

PostSubject: Re: Shit's about to get real...   Shit's about to get real... Empty

Back to top Go down

Shit's about to get real...
Page 1 of 1