Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season Empty
PostSubject: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:09 am

Anyone feel sorry for Coach Cal?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:28 am

Keep going for the one and done, and eventually it will catch up with you.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 pm

It's ridiculous that they have 4 1st rounders on their team and lose 6 games.

I don't feel sorry at all because they have potentially the best recruiting class of all time coming in next year. The gap between Kentucky recruiting and everyone else (including Duke) is bigger than any recruiting gap in football.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:17 pm

I think you would be hard pressed finding anyone to feel sorry for Coach Cal. That guy cheats. It will be veryinteresting to see how he handles the roster for next year. With them not really playing that well he may not have all the 1 and done's he normally has. Will ha have to give soem kids the boot to make room for next years crop?
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 pm

The difference between this year and last year is that on last year's team he actually had two sophomores and a senior who were key members of that team. Pretty much everyone from last year's team left. The key for next year will be if any of their top freshman come back for another year. He got a championship, so I guess his strategy is working. I think he's definitely dirty though.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Goodwin, Poythress and Noel are all almost surely gone. After that I'm not sure which 1 or 2 other players might go.

You guys both hit the nail on the head though.

1. How the heck do you manage that roster next year if there isn't enough turnover?

2. It is key to have some upper classmen / role players.

Have you guys check out their recruiting class yet? Rivals has them with FIVE 5 stars, all ranked in the top 18.

In comparison,
2009: FOUR 5 stars (Cousins, Wall, Beldsoe, Orton)
2010: FOUR 5 stars (Jones, Kanter, Knight, Lamb)
2011: FOUR 5 stars (Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Teague, Wiltjer)
2012: THREE 5 stars (Noel, Goodwin, Poythress)

Every one of those classes were, by far, the best in that nation.

Next years class is even better. Not even right.

I hate Cal. I'd rather see Kentucky on top of recruiting than Duke though. I hate Duke too.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Rivals has them with FIVE 5 stars, all ranked in the top 18.

Wow!!! No I did not know that. That makes the Fab Five look like a JV team. That is crazy.

Looks like Coach Cal will have to show some people the door.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:36 pm

That is why I like Beilein so much. He seems to show genuine interest in the players and not just winning championships.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 pm

He also has an eye for talent. He recruited Grob before he blew up. It doesn't take a lot of skill to find 5 star guys.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Absolutely.

(Rankings per rivals)

2010-
Hardaway JR: (3 star, not in top 150). Top 25 player, 2nd round pick.

2011-
Trey Burke: (3 star, ranked 142nd). NPOY candidate, 1st round pick.

2012-
Nick Stauskas: (4 star, ranked 71st). 7th rated Freshman this year. Will be drafted whenever he declares.
Glen Robinson III: (Committed to Michigan when rivals had him as the 118th player in the class). Since then he rose to 11th and is now the 5th rated freshman in the country and a 1st round draft pick.

Say what you want about Beilein's coaching and lack of post-season success, but this coaching staff has an eye for talent.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:07 pm

If TH Jr. is projecting at the second round do you think he will return for another year? I do not see leaving early for second round. Money should not be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season   Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season Empty

Back to top Go down

Kentuky Loses 6th of the Season
Page 1 of 1