Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Game tonight!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Big Game tonight!! Empty
PostSubject: Big Game tonight!!   Big Game tonight!! EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:11 am

No disrespect to IU's guards but I have to give the nod to Michigan's. If Burke is a lottery pick he has to show up at games like tonight. He did not have a good game against Ohio. It would be nice for him to go off tonight.
The guard position will have some great match ups tonight. I think they have to play Hack a Shaq on Zeller. I think playing him not to foul might be a recipe for disaster. I think if Zeller has a weakness to his game it's toughness. I would like to see Horford, McGary, Biefeldt and possibly Morgan banging on him all game. 20 fouls to give out between them. Use them.

That still leaves GR3 and Stauskus. I don't know if IU has anyone for them. These two could be the deciding factor in tonight's game. I think there are tough match ups at the other positions. We need big games tonight from these two.

Tough game tonight in the toughest place to play in the B1G IMO. IU gets a ton of calls from the refs at home. Michigan does not foul much. Something to watch for.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Big Game tonight!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Game tonight!!   Big Game tonight!! EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:58 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
No disrespect to IU's guards but I have to give the nod to Michigan's. If Burke is a lottery pick he has to show up at games like tonight. He did not have a good game against Ohio. It would be nice for him to go off tonight.
The guard position will have some great match ups tonight. I think they have to play Hack a Shaq on Zeller. I think playing him not to foul might be a recipe for disaster. I think if Zeller has a weakness to his game it's toughness. I would like to see Horford, McGary, Biefeldt and possibly Morgan banging on him all game. 20 fouls to give out between them. Use them.

That still leaves GR3 and Stauskus. I don't know if IU has anyone for them. These two could be the deciding factor in tonight's game. I think there are tough match ups at the other positions. We need big games tonight from these two.

Tough game tonight in the toughest place to play in the B1G IMO. IU gets a ton of calls from the refs at home. Michigan does not foul much. Something to watch for.

Willie, funny you bring it up because the hack-a-shaq strategy is something that I discussed with a buddy last night and he brought up a great point. Zeller tends to be VERY aggressive in the post and tends to draw a lot of fouls but also tends to get himself in foul trouble at times because of his aggressive play. I think with Michigan being able to throw three, possibly four bodies at him for the entire game could cause Zeller to get in foul trouble quick. Like you said, we throw throw TM, NS, GR and TB at them from there and we are looking good.

joe

Big Game tonight!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Game tonight!!   Big Game tonight!! EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:47 pm

Any news if Morgan will play?

hailtoyourvictor

Big Game tonight!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Game tonight!!   Big Game tonight!! EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:00 pm

Can't play hack-a-shack with Zeller if Morgan doesn't play. There just isn't enough minutes to go around on the front court. We can't rely on Max or Blake tonight.

The two biggest mismatches will be:
Zeller vs our front court.
Whoever Hulls guards (or tries to) vs Hulls.

I assume they will put Hulls on Stauskas, and Nik will eat him alive. There really is nobody that Hulls can guard in our lineup.

WillieMfan

Big Game tonight!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Game tonight!!   Big Game tonight!! EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:27 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Any news if Morgan will play?

Maybe.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/01/jordan-morgan-might-play-against-indiana-on-saturday/

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Can't play hack-a-shack with Zeller if Morgan doesn't play. There just isn't enough minutes to go around on the front court. We can't rely on Max or Blake tonight.

The two biggest mismatches will be:
Zeller vs our front court.
Whoever Hulls guards (or tries to) vs Hulls.

I assume they will put Hulls on Stauskas, and Nik will eat him alive. There really is nobody that Hulls can guard in our lineup.

Sure you can. That's the beauty of the plan. Hell you can put Blake in just to give fouls. No one says you have to foul every minute. That said, I would be surprised if they do this. I think they will do their typical try to get position and draw charges. We'll see in about 4.5 hours!
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Big Game tonight!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Game tonight!!   Big Game tonight!! EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Crazy stat: IU has shot 257 more free throws than there opponents at home. Could be a frustrating watch if the refs get involved. Michigan does not foul much so lets see how the refs call it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big Game tonight!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Game tonight!!   Big Game tonight!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Game tonight!!
Page 1 of 1