Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The new "Fab Five"?

Go down 
+3
hailtoyourvictor
michmike
BetterThansparty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

The new "Fab Five"? Empty
PostSubject: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:08 am

http://www.michigandaily.com/node/71171

Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:40 am

Not sure I see your parallel. Are our starters all frosh (or nearly all frosh)?
That article made no mention of such.

Actually, I don't mind comparisons to the Fab Five...after all, Ed Martin is dead, so there's no danger of that disgraceful similarity resurfacing.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:15 pm

3 of our starters are freshmen. 5 of our top 7 in the rotation are freshmen.

But these freshmen don't hold a handle to the Fab 5 freshmen.

As a team, though, I think the teams may be comparable when you factor in Burke/THJ/Morgan.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Begging your pardon, hail, but the article to which that link pointed me dealt with hockey...

No question the freshman on our 2013 hoops team are hardly in the same class as the Fab Five...
at least not in terms of basketball talent.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Is this a basketball forum, or what? Why anything about slidey-puck? If there is so much interest, why not a forum of its own?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:15 pm

dwoody wrote:
Is this a basketball forum, or what? Why anything about slidey-puck? If there is so much interest, why not a forum of its own?

I love hockey. I hate your slidey puck BS as much as I hate 2nd's bouncey ball BS. I think you both should knock that shit off and if you don't want to read about the other sport, then ignore the posts.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Oops
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:40 pm

Hockey is great. Mich Hockey has provided me with a ton of entertainment over the years.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Actually, I like hockey and my charactization is strictly a response to 2nd's tiresomely constant disrespect to basketball, which I have several times asked him to stop doing.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:06 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

I love hockey. I hate your slidey puck BS as much as I hate 2nd's bouncey ball BS. I think you both should knock that shit off and if you don't want to read about the other sport, then ignore the posts.

That's the point fish. Woody has offered multiple times to stop with the slidey buck if 2nd stops with the bouncy ball. 2nd of course has yet to agree to it. 2nd spews his childish shit all over the forum and no one says anything. Not sure if I agree with the tactic but if it gets him to stop the juvenile routine then I am all for it.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:31 pm

I apologize. I mistakenly linked the wrong article. I can't seem to be able to find it now, but it was about the similarties between this years team and that of "The Fab Five".

This isn't the article that I meant to link but it's close:

http://doubleclutchhoops.com/michigan-is-the-new-kentucky/
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:34 am

I found it! Figures it's after the unfortunate result yesterday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/26/sports/ncaabasketball/a-fresh-five-push-michigan-into-the-ncaa-title-picture.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130228&_r=0

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new "Fab Five"?   The new "Fab Five"? Empty

Back to top Go down

The new "Fab Five"?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Michigan Basketball Forum-
Jump to: