Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.

Go down 
+3
dwoody
joe
fishgoblue22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. Empty
PostSubject: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Man I wish he would have returned for his SR year. What could have been.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/02/ex-michigan_qb_drew_henson_hir.html
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 pm

No kidding.

How come when people talk about flops he's never mentioned?

If you really wanted to talk about a guy that never reached his potential, here's the guy.

He was supposed to be either a Major Leaguer or a NFL QB and he ended up being neither.

Too bad.

I go through Pinckney all the time. I had never even heard of it before Henson. Wonder where he grew up?

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:57 pm

$teinbrenner's fault. Bastard.
ps: Brighton High School.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 pm

dwoody wrote:

This is the common theory that is floated around. Steinbrener being from Ohio and all.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: I know Brighton High.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 pm

dwoody wrote:
ps: Brighton High School.

I guess, without being a stalker, I really meant WHERE? lol

I do a lot of business in Brighton.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Didn't injuries hold him back in regards to making it big in The Show?

I may be completely wrong...but I thought that's what it was.

Then he tried that brief stint with the Cowboys....yikes.

Professionally, yes, he was a flop.

But still to this day he's probably one of the best QB's to ever don the winged helmet (granted he had some serious help...A-Train, David Terrell, etc.).

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:33 pm

What's really funny is the kid couldn't hit a curve-ball, now he is the Yankees hitting Coach. Good thing that I hate the Yankees, they won't be able to hit water if they fell off of a boat in a few years.

***MINOR LEAGUE hitting coach. Still a nice gig...

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/02/ex-michigan_qb_drew_henson_hir.html

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:31 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:

How come when people talk about flops he's never mentioned?

If you really wanted to talk about a guy that never reached his potential, here's the guy.

He was supposed to be either a Major Leaguer or a NFL QB and he ended up being neither.

Not a flop in the NFL since he wasn't drafted. Not many MLB flops because most never get out of the minor leagues. Nope, he's not a flop, just should have concentrated on one sport, would have probably excelled at that sport. Bottom line is, he's one of he vey few men to have played in the NFL and MLB, and that's no flop.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Henson is a puss. End of story. Should have stuck with football, but the money called and he answered. Oh, and also, he didnt like lifting weights and running. Puss.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:58 pm

uofmchris wrote:
Henson is a puss. End of story. Should have stuck with football, but the money called and he answered. Oh, and also, he didnt like lifting weights and running. Puss.

Yeah, because everyone would pass up the millions of guaranteed money to keep playing their 2nd favorite sport for free. Stupid.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 8:28 pm

I said the money called and he answered. I also said he should have stuck with football. STUPID.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 8:31 pm

AND HE IS STILL A PUSS!!!!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Baseball problem was major league curves, he couldn't handle them.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Trouble with the Curve: staring Drew Henson.

Underrated movie FWIW. Eastwood is the man.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:25 pm

dwoody wrote:
Baseball problem was major league curves, he couldn't handle them.

I grew up in a town near Brighton so I know a lot of people who knew him. One of them is a Yankees fan so after I found out that juicy little tid-bit of information I posted "You do know that drew Henson was just hired to be the Yankees Minor league hitting coach. There go your beloved Yankees, pretty soon they won't be able to hit a curve-ball either..." to which he replied, "That's funny!"

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?

Last edited by 2ndComingOfBo on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:44 pm

uofmchris wrote:
Trouble with the Curve: staring Drew Henson.

Underrated movie FWIW. Eastwood is the man.

Ha, the first line is hilarious.

Second line is true. I liked that flick quite a bit.

Although, I must admit, the Clint Eastwood-I'm an asshole-character is getting a bit old. He's basically the same character in every movie now.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Admin wrote:
Although, I must admit, the Clint Eastwood-I'm an asshole-character is getting a bit old. He's basically the same character in every movie now.

It will never get old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.   Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach. Empty

Back to top Go down

Drew Henson hired as Yankees minor league hitting coach.
Page 1 of 1