Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years Empty
PostSubject: Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years   Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 2:56 am

http://www.michigandaily.com/node/71408

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years   Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Very cool. Loved seeing Morgan on the all-defensive team too. Was a little surprised Tim made first team on one of the lists though.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years   Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 pm

I was happy to see Jordan's defense recognized. It is so much more evident when you watch him in person, he has very good positioning coupled with a lot of hustle. He does sacrifice rebounding somewhat by not sagging off his man.

Sometimes people don't appreciate that there are tradeoffs- that anyone but superstars can't do all things well.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years   Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:09 am

Shoes, I've yet to meet a post of yours I didn't like...or rarely even, that I didn't admire or appreciate.

Yes, Jordan's foul (literally) shooting and low point totals raise a lot of eyebrows, but it's a pity those same eyes don't light up over the realization of all else he contributes...and in a tough, brutal position like continually taking elbows in the gut, shoe sole edges in the chins, etc...all from 6-10, 260-pounders versus the best opponents.

Your last sentence applies across the spectrum of life. But to stick to sports, I recall one of my favorite Seventies' Philadelphia Phillies: Greg "Bull" Luzinski. Everyone knew he could hit a ball across the Delaware River, and usually sported a solid (even .300) average, but was a terrible liability in the outfield. Greg: "If there are 600 players in the majors, 575 of them can't do everything well."
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years   Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:18 am

I only got to see the "Bull" play once in person but it was memorable. He hit one of the two (along with Frank Thomas), hardest hit balls I've ever seen. Both were doubles, both screamers that seemed to travel to the center-left-center field walls in no time without ever getting more than 6 ft off the ground. So hard hit they appeared to defy the gravitational pull of the earth.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years   Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:41 am

Speaking of Trey Burke, we went to a Buffalo Wild Wings on Sunday to watch the UM/IU game. I live just north of Indianapolis. The BDubs was hosting an IU Alumni Assc. event in the bar. We had 4 UM fans sitting at a table in the bar. It was a lot of fun. The IU fans were great. One guy was pretty drunk, and early in the 2nd half, Burke was at 7 points, and he comes over to the table and says "I got 20 bucks that says he doesn't hit double digits", and throws a 20 on the table. One of the guys at my table takes out a 20 and says I'll take that.

Next possession, Burke hits a 3 to get him to 10 points. So he comes over and says "Dang, I guess I screwed up with that bet".
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years   Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 am

To return to basketball, and Jordan Morgan, do you (a la myself) ever cease to be amazed at the fickleness of fans, including our own? All the nayayers were out in force over our 72-71 heartache Sunday..."[We were] Totally outrebounded, outmuscled, totally outclassed" despite the one-point score. Yet if Jordan's tip falls into the can instead of over the edge of the rim...and from my vantage point, both looked equi-probable...those same cementheads are gloating to holy hell, no?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years   Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years Empty

Back to top Go down

Trey Burke wins Michigan's first Big Ten Player of the Year Award in 24 years
Page 1 of 1