Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup

Go down 
+3
jjabilene
fishgoblue22
MichiganFootball13
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup Empty
PostSubject: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Michigan starts off with South Dakota State and could face VCU next and #1 Kansas in the Sweet 16...I honestly think that this is the weakest top 4 teams in any region...the Midwest where State is a 3 seed, is extremely tough.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Thy need to be ready. VCU is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:47 pm

I can't complain about the matchups, they'd be easier if we hadn't played our way down to a 4-seed, but the first two in our home state and pretty soft 5 and 1 seeds in our region are nice. Yes VCU is dangerous, but I think a 5-seed is a bit high for them. It seems like this comittee absolutely loved mid-majors this year.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm cool with it. If we can play smart and keep turnovers down and take good shots, i.e. play to our strengths, then we can get to the second weekend with a little confidence.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Last year as a 4 seed, UM lost in the first round. Hopefully the message is sent to the freshmen that this game is bigger than every game they've played so far.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Last year as a 4 seed, UM lost in the first round. Hopefully the message is sent to the freshmen that this game is bigger than every game they've played so far.

Well unfortunately this freshman heavy lineup doesn't know anything about that loss to Ohio last year. They don't have the bad taste in their mouths to help keep them focused and that could be dangerous for them.

I still think an elite 8 run is very doable. Like jjabilene said above, I think VCU is a good team but they may have benefited from the committee's apparent love for the mid majors. Provided we get to face Kansas I think UM can win that game too.

I noticed only one ESPN analyst even had UM in the elite 8 and that was Dick Vitale. That guy is way off his rocker but I was glad to see it. He actually had UM losing to Indiana in the final four. I'd be very happy with a final four appearance.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:59 am

The South is extremely tough.

Kansas, Florida, Georgetown, and Michigan were all in 1 seed discussions in the past 2 weeks.

North Carolina has a great coach and as much talent as any team in the tournament. They also reached the ACC tournament final.

VCU is a scary, slow it down (like Wisconsin) team with recent tournament success.

It is definitely a tough region. It doesnt beat the 1/2/3 of UL, MSU, and Duke, but top to bottom it is tougher, no doubt.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:44 am

The Midwest is the toughest by far, and the South is the weekest if you ask me. I like UM's chances of getting out of the South, but GRIII needs to be aggressive.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am

Oh yea, the midwest is extremely lopsided. Louisville got somewhat hosed as a 1-seed, but not sure it's undeserved.

Lville has Duke, Michigan State, Saint Louis, Oklahoma State, Memphis, Creighton, and Oregon in their bracket. Also, Oregon as a 12 seed is way off. They should be much higher.

The fact that the Pac 12 is getting shafted has me thinking it's all about $ as usual. The west coast doesn't care about NCAA hoops as opposed to everywhere else.

SOme other thoughts: How about Kentucky being ranked #3 to start, and ending up in the NIT w/all that talent?

I wouldn't want to be a 1-seed in the midwest, but I'd love to be an 8-seed in O$U's region, cant recall which one they are in.

Why don't they use the rankings to divi up the bracket more evenly that way? I guess conference tournaments, injuries, hot and cold streaks, and money, kind of throws a wrench in that?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Lol at anyone who thinks the South is weaker than the West.

Kansas > Gonzaga
Ohio St. = Georgetown
Florida > New Mexico
Michigan > Kansas St.
VCU < Wisconsin

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:21 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Well unfortunately this freshman heavy lineup doesn't know anything about that loss to Ohio last year. They don't have the bad taste in their mouths to help keep them focused and that could be dangerous for them.

I still think an elite 8 run is very doable. Like jjabilene said above, I think VCU is a good team but they may have benefited from the committee's apparent love for the mid majors. Provided we get to face Kansas I think UM can win that game too.

I noticed only one ESPN analyst even had UM in the elite 8 and that was Dick Vitale. That guy is way off his rocker but I was glad to see it. He actually had UM losing to Indiana in the final four. I'd be very happy with a final four appearance.

Dicky V picking UM to the Final Four!

PostSubject: Re: Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup   Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup Empty

Back to top Go down

Michigan a 4 seed...what do you think about their matchup
Page 1 of 1