Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

South Dakota State tidbits

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

South Dakota State tidbits Empty
PostSubject: South Dakota State tidbits   South Dakota State tidbits EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Some of this info I read from other sites and touched a bit on and some of it I've researched myself. Please add any other info you might think is worth sharing.

The South Dakota State Jackrabbits have one player that can start in the B1G Ten, Nate Wolters. He's a 6'4" G so his match-up against Burke could get interesting meaning he might be physical enough to wear Burke down a bit especially this late in the season. I would hate to have Trey gassed in the last few minutes of a game that is coming down to the wire.

Another tidbit about South Dakota's size... they don't start (or rarely play) anyone shorter than 6'4".

A bit more on Nate Wolters, he's projected to go in the second round of the NBA draft this year so while some may maintain that his numbers are a product of his conference the dude clearly has talent.

Besides Wolters, South Dakota has three shooting options. 6'8" F Jordan Dykstra, shoots 43% from three (120+ attempts so not to shabby). 6'6" G Chad White shoots 43% but has ZERO assists and ZERO offensive rebounds. 6'4" G Brayden Carlson, take a lot of shots from 3pt land where he shoots 36% (he's no Stauskas).

Wolters averages 22.7 PPG. Dykstra averages 12.5 PPG. White averages 10 PPG and Carlson averages 8.7 PPG.

South Dakota relies way too much on its starters. No bench player gets more than 30% of available time, and SDSU is near the bottom of the country in bench minutes.

The three South Dakota major conference games:

@ Alabama: L 70-67
@ Minnesota: L 88-64
@ New Mexico: W 70-65

They also played Belmont (a tournament team) and lost 76-49.

They also had these terrible losses, the last two down the stretch of the season:

@ Hofstra L 66-63
@ Cal-Bakersfield L 79-78 2OT
@ Murray State L 73-62

But they beat New Mexico right? Lets look at it a bit. Kendall Williams and Chad Adams, two UNM starters sat the first six minutes for being late to the game. Wolters had 28pts and 7ast and was 9 for 11 from the FT. UNM also shot 37% from the field and was only 33% from beyond the 3. Every dog has it's day right?

Don't let Wolters dribble penetrate and dish. SDSU can shoot efficiently and almost every three not shot by Wolters is assisted by him.

I think Wolters won't be able to guard Burke (Trey is too quick) and once Trey gets to the lane there is no shot blocker in there, SDSU is 307th in the nation in that department.

SDSU is terrible at offensive rebounds and McGary will have a size advantage against them. Look for a lot of offensive rebounds and second chance scoring from UM.

The line right now is 13. I say UM wins by almost 20.

fishgoblue22

South Dakota State tidbits Empty
PostSubject: Re: South Dakota State tidbits   South Dakota State tidbits EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:33 pm

I just hope that if UM gets up early, they stay focused. Once you got a guy down, you need to keep him down. UM seems to be missing a bit of the killer instinct.

Also, with the lack of size for the Jackrabbits, it may be a good game to get Morgan's confidence back.
Back to top Go down

South Dakota State tidbits
Page 1 of 1