Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Silly question.

Go down 
+3
wshoes
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Who would we rather play, Kansas or UNC?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:41 pm

UNC IMHO. They have no size.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:49 pm

On the other hand Kansas looks like Bricklayers local #31 so far in this game.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 pm

I really don't think that UM would be intimidated by either team. UM can play with anyone when they are on, and they have been on the last two games. Yesterday was the best I've seen them play since maybe the Iowa game.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:29 pm

the way that McGary has been playing I would say either one. If our bigs were no-shows to this point then I'd say NC.

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:42 pm

I think NC is a better matchup for us.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 am

UNC. Too bad, though.

Trey Burke loves getting to the hole, but it won't be a fun place to be with Withey down there.

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:29 am

Not really that concerned---even though as of this writing we all know it is Kansas. As Sandy points out, the way Mitch has been playing, with a little help from Horford (and I hope Jordan gets to contribute some as well Fri.),
Kansas' superior size (compared to UNC) suddenly isn't as big (no pun intended) an issue as it would have seemed to us two or three weeks ago.

What I find really heartening is the coaching job Beilein did Saturday. He had our men coached to perfection on how to cope with VCU's "havoc", and to take advantage of their weakness; multiple ball-handers to take the pressure off Trey bringing the ball up court, and once we got inside, BANG.
I have to take my hat off to Albrecht for the nifty ball-handling job he did to spell Trey and Junior during his stints.

I'm confident coach B will have our men as well, and as appropriately, prepared as he can for Friday's game.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:30 pm

My concern isn't necessarily the size difference, it is that any shot around the rim is going to be contested by the best shot blocker in the college game. Dude has 12 blocks in his two tourney games.

sandyeggo_blue

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:20 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
My concern isn't necessarily the size difference, it is that any shot around the rim is going to be contested by the best shot blocker in the college game. Dude has 12 blocks in his two tourney games.

From what I saw, in the first half NC was able to get the ball to guys coming off the screens really well which enabled them to make quick short shots that Withey couldn't get in position to contest.

Not sure why those screens weren't working during the second half though. Most likely it was some sort of adjustment that Kansas made and also if I'm not mistaken NC's field goal percentage was terrible in the second half.

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 2:03 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
the way that McGary has been playing I would say either one. If our bigs were no-shows to this point then I'd say NC.

I'm going to be the jerk who points this out, but McGary's performance had a lot to do with the matchups. Almost immediately against SDSU, I thought the red-headed kid was overmatched on both ends of the court. Mitch did well to exploit the matchup but that guy was a pretty big step down from what Mitch has gone against this season. And against VCU, we exploited the heck out of VCUs overaggressive defense and Mitch was the beneficiary many times. Also, their only decent big had some foul trouble. Don't get me wrong, I love the way he played, but he'll be going from two matchups that favored him to a matchup that favors Withey. I'll be shocked (and delighted) if he keeps it up. I think if he even plays Withey even, we win for sure.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 2:29 pm

jjabilene wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I'm going to be the jerk who points this out, but McGary's performance had a lot to do with the matchups. Almost immediately against SDSU, I thought the red-headed kid was overmatched on both ends of the court. Mitch did well to exploit the matchup but that guy was a pretty big step down from what Mitch has gone against this season. And against VCU, we exploited the heck out of VCUs overaggressive defense and Mitch was the beneficiary many times. Also, their only decent big had some foul trouble. Don't get me wrong, I love the way he played, but he'll be going from two matchups that favored him to a matchup that favors Withey. I'll be shocked (and delighted) if he keeps it up. I think if he even plays Withey even, we win for sure.

I'm 100% with you. They were the two best teams, match up wise, for UM to play. I think Morgan is going to have to give some quality minutes against KU. I think McGary/Horford were perfect combo against the small quick teams, but KU's bigs are plodding, and Morgan will have to help body them up.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Ah yes, whatever happened to Jordan Morgan. It would be a great story if he came back and had a huge game. I suspect his current problems are more mental than physical.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Well he was given any chances in the last two games. Its hard to get better from the bench.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silly question. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly question.   Silly question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Silly question.
Page 1 of 1