Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rutgers Troubles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Rutgers Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Rutgers Troubles   Rutgers Troubles EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Is there any chance that what's going on with the Rutgers BB Coach, the AD and possibly the President could stop the B1G from taking them?

sandyeggo_blue

Rutgers Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers Troubles   Rutgers Troubles EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Good question. Obviously one that a few people might wonder and definitely needs brought up and discussed. My opinion is no and here's why

1. The expansion was really a football alignment expansion. Rutgers and Maryland give the B1G an exceptional chance to capture some of the east coast market and I while I suspect the B1G is definitely taking note of what's happening with Rutgers basketball, they aren't going to waiver one bit.

2. Rutgers and Maryland fit academically with the B1G. Rutgers and Maryland are both members of the AAU and Rutgers has also pushed for and received an invitation in the B1G's CIC. So academically it's a done deal. Again, I doubt that a single incident (albeit egregious as it was) would bring this all crashing down.

BetterThansparty

Rutgers Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers Troubles   Rutgers Troubles EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:36 pm

I don't think it would either. Heck, Nebraska LOST their AAU status less than a year after they officially became a member of the B1G and nothing. Money rules the world and the TV markets that Rutgers/Maryland bring in trump that.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Rutgers Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers Troubles   Rutgers Troubles EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:45 pm

The guy was initially only suspended for three games and fined 50 grand. When the video surfaced, I'm sue the B1G officials saw it and may have had input about his job status.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rutgers Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers Troubles   Rutgers Troubles EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:45 am

Somewhere in this world Bob Knight is laughing at that video....and Steve Alford, among other former Hoosiers, is trembling from the terror of vivid memories that video conjures.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Rutgers Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers Troubles   Rutgers Troubles EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:15 pm

You and your Bobby Knight stuff...

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/article_external/bobby_knight_and_digger_phelps_eat_at_applebees/13149865

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rutgers Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers Troubles   Rutgers Troubles EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Bob Knight is, and forever will be, the man.

IU's version of Bo.

(plenty of differences...but overall both are/were the face of the athletic department)

Sponsored content

Rutgers Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rutgers Troubles   Rutgers Troubles Empty

Back to top Go down

Rutgers Troubles
Page 1 of 1