Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game Empty
PostSubject: Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game   Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:48 am

As I'm not a huge fan of this game I freely admit that I am not an expert on it. With that being said, I'm interested to hear what you think about this srticle?

http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/breakdown-michigan-and-syracuse-battle-spot-title-game?page=0,0

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game   Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:11 pm

The article's final score of Michigan 68 Syracuse 56 was shocking. While I do think Michigan wins if they score over 60 I was thinking 64 would be about as good as we can expect.

The article points outs several key elements to the game and I agree with them. They are...

1. Ball rotation is key. Michigan has to pass, pass, pass and find an open guy. Then obviously they have to hit the open jumper. It is a FACT that Syracuse has not seen a team with five starters that can score 15+ in any game at any given time. Not even Indiana can claim that.

2. Burke on Triche, Hardaway on Carter-Williams should be the matchup we see but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lavert get some decent rotation time because he's taller and he can match the athleticism of Syracuse's guards.

3. I think we may see a bit more size in this game (Morgan) that we're used to seeing. People are definitely talking about, but I don't think people are fully grasping, just how tall and long these Cuse players are.

The things the article didn't touch on were:

1. Our transition game. This is key, this is where Michigan makes it's money (so to speak). They can't keep up. PERIOD. Their zone play simply won't allow it.

2. I think GRIII will be to much for to handle at the top of the key. We know Trey is going to try dribble penetration all game, that's a given. We know Stauskas and Hardaway will be waiting on the wings for the ball kick out. We know McGary will be posted low to grab the offensive rebounds. GRIII's size and athleticism will allow him to get high percentage shots from 8-10ft and if he's hitting, he'll be the difference maker.

3. Offensive rebounds. I see McGary continuing to grab everything coming off of that rim giving Michigan a lot of second chance shooting and/or tip backs by McGary for two easy points.

The spread is Michigan +1 right now. I see the game being much closer than this write up predicted but Michigan wins one hell of game to advance to the finals.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game   Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:14 pm

Another thing to mention is, don't be surprised. Michigan will turn the ball over a lot this game.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game   Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Another thing to mention is, don't be surprised. Michigan will turn the ball over a lot this game.

So happy to be dead wrong

PostSubject: Re: Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game   Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game Empty

Back to top Go down

Breakdown: Michigan and Syracuse battle for a spot in the title game
Page 1 of 1