Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!

Go down 
+7
EJinGA
BetterThansparty
MichiganFootball13
joe
sandyeggo_blue
hailtoyourvictor
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! Empty
PostSubject: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Just announced via twitter right about Noon CST.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Welcome aboard!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Can very easily be argued that Drake Harris was the #1 prospect on our board.

Very, very, very easily.

HUGE get. Perhaps the biggest of Hoke's career thus far.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Admin wrote:
Can very easily be argued that Drake Harris was the #1 prospect on our board.

Very, very, very easily.

+1

Admin wrote:
HUGE get. Perhaps the biggest of Hoke's career thus far.

I would call Kalis the biggest get so far given that he took him from O$U

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Kalis is definitely in that conversation, no doubt about it.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 pm

BOO YAHHHHHHHHH!

Hopefully he's more committed now than he was to MSU.

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:27 pm

This was totally unexpected to me, at least this soon. GO BLUE!!!!
cheers
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Now we to get him on campus and put 15lbs on him and sit back and watch Shane to Drake destroy opposing DBs ha ha!

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Beilein and Hoke should trade Harris and McGary for a few plays in the coming years ha ha!

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:58 pm

I fully expect Tommy Doles to commit very soon. I'm sure he and Drake have talked about it.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:30 pm

How awesome is it that he trolled MSU, Izzo, and the grouch sooooo bad?

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:45 pm

I, of course, put this in the face of one of my sparty buddies on facebook. we already know their reaction, "oh well he sucks anyway"...

I tagged him while posting the Drake Harris scout profile and saying "I told you so!!!" on my wall.

The resulting conversation is as follows:

"sparty: I don't really want a player who shows that kind of lack of commitment. Probably will quite in the weight room and on the team.

Me: sparty, sparty, sparty...
The word is QUIT, not quite.
Can't read!!!
Can't write!!
And Harris is on record as saying that he wanted to go to a school that will better showcase his football talents. Of course it is going to be Michigan over sparty. That should be a no brainer....

sparty: Wow, you sound very childish. I'm typing fast on my phone and the wrong word gets inserted. Not everyone can be perfect like you.

Me: Never claimed to be perfect and that was a mere typo on your behalf. No big deal, but as you are a sparty fan, you get what you get.
Way to attempt to change the topic and act like you do not care..."

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Your friend may not have wanted him....

But D'Antonio AND Izzo both did. We didn't take Harris away from ONE Spartan coach, but TWO.

I love it.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:15 pm

yep, it's bad enough that Sparty is already starting to fall back into the trend of picking at the table scraps with Hoke, Meyer and Kelly having first pick at the Midwest recruits, but for them to lose their jewel in this class has to hurt. No Sparty fan can spin it any way to make me think otherwise.

I will say that I think the QB that they got in this class (Durger??? sorry to lazy to look it up) is probably going to be good fit for them.

Still, I see Sparty in a bowl game this year but they will implode down the stretch (Michigan, @Nebraska, @Northwestern). Again, their schedule sets them up to start good (No Wisc or O$U) but soon after midseason reality should smack them up.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

sparty is as sparty does...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:06 pm

one last thing to note is that Drake and 5* SG Devin Booker are REALLY good friends. Devin is being recruited by Beilein but also by all the biggest programs (Duke, Florida, etc). I read that Devin grew up in Detroit but after his parents split he ended up down in Mississippi but you never know, there is an outside chance he ends up at Michigan. So the Drake commitment could pay off twice!

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:52 am

Great... Now hopefully he stays commited this time. Now, flip the other Drake that is commited to O$U.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:08 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Beilein and Hoke should trade Harris and McGary for a few plays in the coming years ha ha!

Umm, on that note, Sandy, I'm still bullet-sweat hoping Mighty Mitch is around at least another year for Beilein to trade (with Brady)...!!!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:29 am

I think he'll be around.

Thinking that Trey is the only one leaving.

joe

PostSubject: Do you mean   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 am

EJinGA wrote:
Great... Now hopefully he stays commited this time. Now, flip the other Drake that is commited to O$U.

Damon Webb?

Or is there another Drake out there?

joe

PostSubject: Hey Eggo,   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:13 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I fully expect Tommy Doles to commit very soon. I'm sure he and Drake have talked about it.

I looked for Doles in Rivals 250. Not there. Wouldn't we be looking at someone higher rated or is he "better than rated"?

I did see an OL from the Chicago area on the list, Jamarco Jones, who I wouldn't be surprised to see in AA.

Interestingly there are 33 Offensive Linemen on the Rivals 250 for 2014. 15 of them have ALREADY DECLARED.

Recruiting has changed drastically. The last 2 year we've been getting shit for recruiting so early in the process. It's lookin like all the good teams are doing it now.

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Maybe I'm sick but I really enjoyed reading Sparty comments on the mlive article about Drake's commitment. To sum up, he's a horrible human being who will also undoubtedly de-commit from Michigan at some point. I like to think that most of our fanbase wouldn't sink to that level of pathetic.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:48 pm

jjabilene wrote:
Maybe I'm sick but I really enjoyed reading Sparty comments on the mlive article about Drake's commitment. To sum up, he's a horrible human being who will also undoubtedly de-commit from Michigan at some point. I like to think that most of our fanbase wouldn't sink to that level of pathetic.

The funny thing is, you can see the implosion of the Sparty program happening. They will be decent next year, but it is going down hill. Recruiting is crap, and they don't have the RR program to beat anymore. How much longer will MD be able to convince their fan base that he is a great developer of lower ranked talent? How much longer will his act of just looking mean, but really not disciplining anyone last?
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:14 pm

joe wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

Damon Webb?

Or is there another Drake out there?

Yep, Webb... I wasnt even close. Isnt their a Deon Drake?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:15 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
...The funny thing is, you can see the implosion of the Sparty program happening. They will be decent next year, but it is going down hill. Recruiting is crap, and they don't have the RR program to beat anymore. How much longer will MD be able to convince their fan base that he is a great developer of lower ranked talent? How much longer will his act of just looking mean, but really not disciplining anyone last?...

+1

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:32 pm

joe wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I looked for Doles in Rivals 250. Not there. Wouldn't we be looking at someone higher rated or is he "better than rated"?

I did see an OL from the Chicago area on the list, Jamarco Jones, who I wouldn't be surprised to see in AA.

Interestingly there are 33 Offensive Linemen on the Rivals 250 for 2014. 15 of them have ALREADY DECLARED.

Recruiting has changed drastically. The last 2 year we've been getting shit for recruiting so early in the process. It's lookin like all the good teams are doing it now.

A couple of things...

1. Tommy Doles is not elite by any measure at this point. I will say he probably doesn't get higher than a third star on any recruiting site but at the same time the kid certainly has the body to put 20lbs on and be effective at guard on the line. Check out pictures of him on the recruiting sites and you'll see what I mean. Also, not to sound like a broken record but if this coaching staff has been impressed enough with this kid from what they've seen to offer him a scholarship then I have no reservations about Doles' talent. This staff's track record in recruiting to date (only 3 years) is 100%. They are literally batting 1000.

2. I put out a list a few months ago on February 26th with my top 5 targets for this class. The list is... DaShawn Hand, Drake Harris, Kyle Berger, Jabrill Peppers and Jamarco Jones. JOE you are right about Jamarco Jones, I think he ends up playing in the Big House on Saturdays..

Side note, this from Scout: Mike Farrel from Rivals.com is reporting that "Michigan is high on Jabrill's list and that O$U and LSU have dropped." To my knowledge Peppers has not visited Stanford and the consensus is that Jabrill Peppers will be at Stanford. So still, a long way to go but I am being cautiously optimistic that he ends up Blue.

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 pm

I am very late to the party so I am just now reading this news! WOW! Absolutely fantastic grab by the coaches... We are shaping up to be a powerhouse on BOTH sides of the ball...

5th year senior QB - DEVIN GARDNER (possible Heisman candidate)
2nd year #1 running back - DERRICK GREEN
FUNCHESS/BUTT - Tight ends
#1 WR - Drake Harris on the outside

oh did i mention a Offensive Line that could quite possibly be one of the best at Michigan...ever?

HAIL!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:20 pm

uofmchris wrote:
I am very late to the party so I am just now reading this news! WOW! Absolutely fantastic grab by the coaches... We are shaping up to be a powerhouse on BOTH sides of the ball...

5th year senior QB - DEVIN GARDNER (possible Heisman candidate)
2nd year #1 running back - DERRICK GREEN
FUNCHESS/BUTT - Tight ends
#1 WR - Drake Harris on the outside

oh did i mention a Offensive Line that could quite possibly be one of the best at Michigan...ever?

HAIL!

I'm not 100% sure that Devin will be back for his 5th year. If he has a breakout year, he could be headed to the NFL. He is exactly the kind of QB that the NFL is looking for right now.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:31 pm

^ yeah you could be right. He has the perfect build of a NFL QB right now. Ok... so the contingency plan for 2014 is a RS frosh (Morris) who has had a whole year to study the system... I can live with that too Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:33 pm

uofmchris wrote:
^ yeah you could be right. He has the perfect build of a NFL QB right now. Ok... so the contingency plan for 2014 is a RS frosh (Morris) who has had a whole year to study the system... I can live with that too Smile Smile

Me too, with Speight and Bellomy backing him up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!   DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

DRAKE HARRIS HAS COMMITTED!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next