Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

State of the roster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

State of the roster Empty
PostSubject: State of the roster   State of the roster EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:18 pm

With Hardaway and Burke gone, I still feel like Michigan has a team that can compete for a BTT and NC next year.

PG Walton / Albrecht
SG Stauskas / LeVert
SF Irvin / LeVert
PF GRIII / Bielfeldt
C McGary / Morgan / Horford

Lose an elite PG and good SF, pick up a good PG and elite SF. Couple that with the growth and experience of the nation's best returning sophomore class and there is plenty of room for optimism.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: State of the roster   State of the roster EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 pm

That still looks pretty nice if it stays in tact . losing alot of experience, but that ability may be an upgrade . also the expierience of going through the tourney is stong.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: State of the roster   State of the roster EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 am

I'll be curious to see how leadership shakes out next year. There was some concern about it going in to this season, but believe it or not, I think the walkons actually had leadership roles on this team (along with Trey and Tim). They're losing a bunch of senior walkons who I think had a good influence on the team. Probably the only person who jumps out at me as a potential leader is McGary, maybe Spike too. It's just really tough to predict what will happen with all this turnover, but there will be a lot of talent on this team (assuming all freshman return).
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: State of the roster   State of the roster EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:27 am

Horford is a leader.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: State of the roster   State of the roster EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
With Hardaway and Burke gone, I still feel like Michigan has a team that can compete for a BTT and NC next year.

PG Walton / Albrecht
SG Stauskas / LeVert
SF Irvin / LeVert
PF GRIII / Bielfeldt
C McGary / Morgan / Horford

Lose an elite PG and good SF, pick up a good PG and elite SF. Couple that with the growth and experience of the nation's best returning sophomore class and there is plenty of room for optimism.

I see Albrecht getting more playing time than Walton at first. I also think LeVert is going to be a big scoring threat next year. I just can't wait to see Irvin next year. I was excited about Mitch this year but I knew he would be sharing time, but I haven't been this excited to see a new freshman player as I am to see Irvin. I think he's shaping up to be a one and done player but he's going to be GOOD next year.

PostSubject: Re: State of the roster   State of the roster EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:57 am

I think Morgan takes aleadership role being the only SR. I gotta beliebve Lavert will have ahigher shooting % than Hardawy, and better defense, PG will be a big question, id spike plays 75% of what Burke did and walton is as good as the coaches say. I think Michigan is 1-2 inthe BIG, wth all the attrition from the other schools Purdue and MSU if Payne stay are the only schools with more expierience, Wisc lost alot PSU will be tougher OSU lost alot IU has alot of loss 3 starters.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: State of the roster   State of the roster EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:09 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
...I think Morgan takes aleadership role being the only SR...
Agree 110%

...I gotta beliebve Lavert will have ahigher shooting % than Hardawy, and better defense...
Not sure at this point about Lavert's D being better

...id spike plays 75% of what Burke did and walton is as good as the coaches say. I think Michigan is 1-2 inthe BIG...
Exactly what I think but the AZs of the world think that it will never happen. They look at Spike's numbers through the season to base their opinion but they don't take into consideration that Burke played a lot and Spike didn't and they also don't realize that Burke was on the floor 50% of the time Spike was, so of course his scoring wasn't great. We got to see a taste of what he can be during the NC game though.

...wth all the attrition from the other schools Purdue and MSU if Payne stay are the only schools with more expierience, Wisc lost alot PSU will be tougher OSU lost alot IU has alot of loss 3 starters...
I think O$U and MSU will be the teams to beat. Purdue isn't going to be a pushover next year and you're right about Penn St. If they are healthy they could go 500 in the B1G next year and that is a HUGE improvement.

PostSubject: Re: State of the roster   State of the roster Empty

Back to top Go down

State of the roster
Page 1 of 1