Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Position size

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Position size Empty
PostSubject: Position size   Position size EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm

I was perusing another message board and saw that Arizona may be in line to get a 6'6" WR. Someone jokingly posted that Rich Rod rescinded the offer once he realized the WR was 6'6" and not 5'6". I thought that was a bit funny but it got me thinking and I took a quick look and found this a little interesting.

Rich Rod was responsible for 10 WR recruits (they had Cam Gordon as a WR so I counted him too). The average height of Rich Rod's WR recruits was just over 72 inches (6'). Hoke has brought in five WRs with an average height of 6'2.5"

I also did a comparison of the CBs recruited. Rich Rod's recruits averaged 5'10.5 and Hokes are averaging 5'11.5. Denard was listed as a CB but I didn't count him because RR told Denard he would play QB no matter what.

I just thought that was an interesting enough piece of info to share.

BetterThansparty

Position size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position size   Position size EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Immediately after reading the first sentence that you wrote, I made the same joke in my head. I keep telling you, Rich Clod is a joke. You know that I support all things Michigan and that included Rich Clod until he lost to sparty for the third time. That is unforgivable. Let him burn in the desert for all I care.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Position size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position size   Position size EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:18 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Immediately after reading the first sentence that you wrote, I made the same joke in my head. I keep telling you, Rich Clod is a joke. You know that I support all things Michigan and that included Rich Clod until he lost to sparty for the third time. That is unforgivable. Let him burn in the desert for all I care.

He has won everywhere but UM. He knows how to coach, but he doesn't seem to adapt. I'm glad he is no longer at UM, but he isn't a bad person, and he isn't a bad coach. I still contend that if UM offered Castille a guaranteed contract, he would have left WVU with RR and the defense would have been much better from the start. Coaching staff shared philosophy is important, and RR didn't have that with Schaffer or Greg.

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Position size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position size   Position size EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Fish, your points got better as you went on, thus the progression in points given Very Happy

fishgoblue22 wrote:
...He has won everywhere but UM. He knows how to coach, but he doesn't seem to adapt...
+.5 - For the life of me I can't figure out how he never seemed to realize his D was killing him.

fishgoblue22 wrote:
...I'm glad he is no longer at UM, but he isn't a bad person, and he isn't a bad coach...
+1 - 3andOut opened my eyes a lot on RR and his time in AA and I truly believe he's a decent guy with a good heart and high character (doesn't win games though).

fishgoblue22 wrote:
...I still contend that if UM offered Castille a guaranteed contract, he would have left WVU with RR and the defense would have been much better from the start. Coaching staff shared philosophy is important, and RR didn't have that with Schaffer or Greg...
+2 - RRs downfall was clearly that he didn't adapt and couldn't field a decent D.

BetterThansparty

Position size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position size   Position size EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:20 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
...I still contend that if UM offered Castille a guaranteed contract, he would have left WVU with RR and the defense would have been much better from the start. Coaching staff shared philosophy is important, and RR didn't have that with Schaffer or Greg...
+2 - RRs downfall was clearly that he didn't adapt and couldn't field a decent D.

Yea, and the fact that Rich Clod couldn't/wouldn't adapt makes him an idiot. You don't do that at Michigan, you just don't. The fact that the arrogant hill-billy wouldn't listen to reason just proves my point that the guy is a dullard. And I actually supported the Gomer for the first 1 1/2 years so don't tell me to read the book. You do not lose to sparty 3 straight times, you just don't.

I'm glad that he is gone.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Position size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position size   Position size EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:19 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Yea, and the fact that Rich Clod couldn't/wouldn't adapt makes him an idiot. You don't do that at Michigan, you just don't. The fact that the arrogant hill-billy wouldn't listen to reason just proves my point that the guy is a dullard. And I actually supported the Gomer for the first 1 1/2 years so don't tell me to read the book. You do not lose to sparty 3 straight times, you just don't.

I'm glad that he is gone.

Your passion on the subject has been duly noted Very Happy

You shouldn't read the book just to learn about RR though that's for sure. In general, I thought the book was good because it gave me a little insight into how the department, program and university interacted and I guess those things are just interesting to me.

BetterThansparty

Position size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position size   Position size EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure that I know but that is "I think that I know." There are other things, which many people most likely assu,me, that I've heard 2nd-hand about the dirt-ball.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Position size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position size   Position size Empty

Back to top Go down

Position size
Page 1 of 1