Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM Empty
PostSubject: Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM   Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:07 am

Interesting.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/06/running_back_leonard_fournette.html

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM   Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 am

So let me pass on my thoughts based on the bits of info that I've read on a paysite.

1) He's interested in a visit yes, but this is nothing more than that. A visit

2) Ferns and co. constantly in his ear is a good thing but if you ask me when need our last great Louisiana back in his ear (A-Train) to get him really thinking.

3) He's a LSU fan. Always has been and loves the idea of playing at home.

Remember we're currently lined up for 2 really good backs next year, plus we got the #1 and #8 backs last year so I doubt this is something the coaches are really going to put a lot of time and effort into especially if it means taking away time and effort from the guys we do have a shot with (Hand, Jackson, Nicholson, Jones, etc). Then again, the two backs we're looking at next year aren't considered a top 3 overall prospect by any site and Fournette is by every site.

I don't put much in this but then again, 15 months ago I was certain that we had NO shot at Peppers and early on in his recruiting I was sure we had no shot at Derrick Green (especially with some of the things he was saying).

So the first step is to get him on campus (which I doubt will ever happen) and take it from there.

Still that said, I put it at 1 in a million he signs with us but in the famous words of Loyd Christmas, "So you're saying there's a chance!"

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM   Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Maybe if we didnt get the Green commitment last recruiting season... To your point, why waste resources on the guy when we have fish already on the hook.

As a prospect, how does he measure up to Green?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM   Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:34 pm

EJinGA wrote:
Maybe if we didnt get the Green commitment last recruiting season... To your point, why waste resources on the guy when we have fish already on the hook.

As a prospect, how does he measure up to Green?

Well I'm not going to bash on Green because 1) I was very excited to get him. 2) I really do think he's going to be a stud. 3) he's perfect for our offense.

All that said, Fournette is arguably the #1 overall prospect and there's something to be said about that.

Don't get me wrong, I would take Fournette and Green in the same depth chart any day. Also, don't forget about Smith being back there and Fitz coming back. Plus my overall favorite diamond in the rough Drake Johnson. I think given the chance he could be something special.

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM   Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:57 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
So let me pass on my thoughts based on the bits of info that I've read on a paysite.

1) He's interested in a visit yes, but this is nothing more than that. A visit

2) Ferns and co. constantly in his ear is a good thing but if you ask me when need our last great Louisiana back in his ear (A-Train) to get him really thinking.

3) He's a LSU fan. Always has been and loves the idea of playing at home.

Remember we're currently lined up for 2 really good backs next year, plus we got the #1 and #8 backs last year so I doubt this is something the coaches are really going to put a lot of time and effort into especially if it means taking away time and effort from the guys we do have a shot with (Hand, Jackson, Nicholson, Jones, etc). Then again, the two backs we're looking at next year aren't considered a top 3 overall prospect by any site and Fournette is by every site.

I don't put much in this but then again, 15 months ago I was certain that we had NO shot at Peppers and early on in his recruiting I was sure we had no shot at Derrick Green (especially with some of the things he was saying).

So the first step is to get him on campus (which I doubt will ever happen) and take it from there.

Still that said, I put it at 1 in a million he signs with us but in the famous words of Loyd Christmas, "So you're saying there's a chance!"

I'm with you in that I don't think he will end up at UM. It just feels great to hear that more and more upper echelon athletes are again talking up UM. We did just go through some “dark days” in that respect!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM   Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:02 pm

My question whats up with all these 3 starts recruits. is this MSU

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM   Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Wha???????????????

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM   Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:59 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
My question whats up with all these 3 starts recruits. is this MSU

Well first off the star rankings differ depending on what site your looking at so take that into consideration when reading my comments below.

While I do feel the star system is something to note, I don't think it pertains all that much at this point in the process. I think to really gauge the "worth" of the class it should be looked at after signing day. At this point a lot can still happen and a lot of these kids will likely move up the board and gain a higher star rating as the summer camps and their senior season goes on. Cases in point (Speight and Winovich both earned their 4th stars recently depending on what site you look at).

I fully expect Speight, Bunting, Winovich and Ways to all be solid 4* kids by signing day and I don't think I sound like too much of a homer when I say that Mone has a legit shot at ending up a 5*.

Remember, a lot of these kids either don't live in high profile areas (Mone in Utah for example) or have had limited playing time to be evaluated (Speight missing a year due to injury) to be properly evaluated by all of the scouts and services at this point.

Give it some time, I think you'll be pleasantly surprise by the lack of 3* kids come signing day. It's no science so in the world of recruiting nothing is certain. One thing I can tell you is that we are no MSU.

And again, to take a page out of 2nd's book, Fisher was a 2* coming out of high school and the dude ended up the #1 overall draft pick last year. So that's something to think about.

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM   Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Big Name Recruit looking at UM
Page 1 of 1